Chapter 99 The Birds and the Bees

Credits to Pinterest for the header.
FICTION.
Disclainer: All and fully disclaimed.
For ADN 💚💚💚💚💚💚

*******ALDUBPARIN****************

Chapter 99: The Birds and the Bees

"Hello, Maine."

"Kuya, Can you take care of the staff meetings for today?"

"Why?"

It was easier to talk to him when he was plain ol' Ray and not the mighty, and not to mention grumpy big brother. "I need to take care of something." I said, answering him cryptically. If I'm right; I don't want to deprive RJ of knowing first. I already did that to him with Sebastian.

I pressed my phone to my ear. Was that laughter on the other end? I laughed along with him when he told me that I was still such a push over. "So will you take care of the staff meetings?"

"Of course." His voice softened with his smile.

"Thank you. We'll see you at dinner okay."

"I'll try," he answered, the tone of his voice low and morose.

"Don't try, be there." I cajoled.

"Please?"

"All right," Although he sounded resigned, I knew better because I could see him smiling.

"Love you Kuya."

Love you too bunso."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Mrs. Fullerton, Dr. Pelayo will see you now."

I laid the magazine on my side and gathered my purse. I stopped before the clinic's full length mirror. How can I miss this? I asked as I saw my profile, my abdomen rounding gently against my dress.

"Mrs. Fullerton?"

I looked up and saw the receptionist holding the door to the doctor's office for me. I picked up my step.

"Thanks." I told her upon reaching her side.

"Please have a seat Mrs. Fullerton."

"Call me Maine. Every time people address me as Mrs. Fullerton,
I feel like they are calling my mother-in-law." I candidly confessed.

"Only if you'll call me Diane," She answered as she accepted some papers from her assistant.

"Are those the results?"

"Uh huh," She pushed a piece of paper across her desk. "It's a
confirmation of what you already know."

I suddenly felt embarrassed.
"Honestly, I just got a hunch this morning of my condition." I leaned forward in my seat. "Like with my first baby, I didn't experience or feel any of the symptoms," realization dawned on me, "Oh.. but I know someone who does."

"Your husband?" She answered before I could.

"Yes, how did you know?"

"The same thing happened to my husband with our first baby. I stepped over him one time."

"So the old wives tale is true? And here we were thinking that he was having some weird side-effects or a flare up of his gastrics or other something."

"Would you like me to call and tell him otherwise?"

"No. I don't want him to find out over the phone. Just tell him to come here."