Chapter 74 The Mile High Club

Credits to Pinterest for the header.
FICTION.
Disclaimer: All and fully disclaimed.
For ADN 💚💚💚💚💚

*******ALDUBPARIN****************
[⚠️Warning!! SPG entries ahead. If you are below 16, please skip this. If your sensibilities are offended by these types, please do not read. Thank you.]

Chapter 74: The Mile High Club

"Hello, Love," Maine happily chirped, pushing her pillow against the headboard and leaning back, as she answered RJ's nth call during the 72 hours that they have been apart.
The first night, RJ burned the lines with his absurd but very sweet request to hear her breath so that he could sleep. 'So that when I close my eyes, it would be as if I never left.' He said.

The very next day, Maine sent him an audio file of her breathing as well as Sebastian so he wouldn't waste time on calls just to hear her breath.

Then flowers started arriving; one every hour. "One for each hour that we are apart." He explained when he called to greet her good morning.

And at dinner tonight, she was surprised to see Roberto's ipad on its stand in middle of the dining table, "RJ wanted to have dinner with us." His parents explained, amused smiles on their lips. When she looked at the iPad screen for their FaceTime, RJ was waving at her from his hotel room in Hong Kong.

"Your flight is arriving at 9 tomorrow right, so you still owe me 12 flowers." Maine teased.

"I owe you more."

"What? But you said three days tops."

"I know. But with the success of this one, the clients wants to discuss a few more new projects."

"I see." What's are few more hours? I was able to make it through 72 hours; a few more wouldn't hurt. "But RJ, what about the rehearsals for Gio's wedding?" Maine put on her slippers when she heard a knock on the door. "RJ, hold on, someone's at the door."

"That must be the ticket."

"Ticket?" Maine opened the door and found the maid holding up a silver platter with a ticket on it. She quickly thanked the maid, who bowed and left her. "RJ?" Maine read the ticket.

"Since I couldn't make it there tomorrow, why don't you just fly here instead? That would save us time."

She was flying to Hong Kong. "But how about Sebastian?"

"My parents would be more than happy to take care of him while we are away." Then he remembered what his mother said when he told them about their trip. "My mother even asked us to bring them home a souvenir from the trip."

"What did she ask for? Since I wouldn't be doing much, I could get it for her." Maine asked eagerly.

RJ wondered if she would be this eager when she hears what his mother asked as a souvenir. "Uhm, Love, I don't think you can get it on your own."

Now Maine was intrigued. What could her mother-in-law asked for? "What exactly did she ask for RJ?"

"My mother asked for a..." He laughed at his mother's analogy.

"Mamá asked for what?" She asked impatiently.

He sobered down at the tone of her voice. "Mamá wants another grandbaby as a souvenir from the trip."

Maine couldn't believe her ears. "A baby for a souvenir? Now that was a first!" She laughed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~