We Decide

Walking out of the drop ship I stop when Octavia and Jasper run over me. I stare at their faces seeing that something has happened. Bellamy walks over to us from the wall, frowning at the commotion Jasper and Octavia are causing.

"Jasper?" He looks at me and then Bellamy.

"I have something to show you." I look at Bellamy nodding towards a tent. We walk in, stopping as Jasper and Octavia shows us a knife and a finger. I pick up the finger seeing that it is Wells. Bellamy picks the knife up, showing me.

"This is one of ours." Bellamy says. "Who else knows about this?" He asks Jasper and Octavia standing beside him.

"No one. We came to you first." Octavia says.

"Clarke?" Jasper looks at me as I study the knife.

"It means the grounders didn't kill Wells." I say. "It was one of us."

I look at Bellamy to see him watching me. Like he is watching what I'll do next.

"So there's a murderer in the camp?" Jasper asks, scared.

"There's more than one murderer in this camp. This isn't news. We need to keep it quiet."

I set the knife down before walking out. Bellamy steps in front of me, blocking me. 

"Get out of my way, Bellamy." I look up at him.

"Clarke, be smart about this. Look at what we achieved, the wall, the patrols. Like it or not the grounders killing Wells is good for us." I stare at him shocked. This is not the Bellamy I knew.

"For you, you mean." He frowns, glaring at me. "What, keep people afraid and they'll follow you, is that it?" I step back.

"Yeah, it is, but it's good for all of us." He looks at Jasper and Octavia before looking at me. "Fear of the grounders is helping us build that wall." I shake my head as he continues. "What are you going to do? Walk out there and ask who the killer is? You don't even know who's knife that is?" He points out the obvious. I pick up the knife looking at. I turn it over seeing two initials. J.M.

"I think I do." I show him. "J.M. John Murphy. The people have a right to know." I walk out of the tent. I soon hear footsteps running after me as I approach Murphy.

I see him talking to a few people working on the wall. I push pass them, hitting his chest.

"You son of a bitch!" I yell at him. "Recognize this?" I hold the knife up.

"Hey, where'd you find that?" He tries to grab it but I hold it away from him.

"Where'd you dropped it after killing Wells." Tears well in my eyes.

"Where I what?" He stares at me confused. I see people move in towards him. "The grounders killed Wells, not me."

"I know what you did and you'll pay for it." I step up to him. I see his eyes shift over my shoulder. I know Bellamy is behind me.

"Bellamy you really believe this crap?" He asks him. I turn looking at Bellamy.

"You threaten to kill him. We all heard it." I accuse him. He tried to kill Jasper well we where getting the seaweed. He didn't like Wells because of who his father was. "You hated him."

"Plenty of people hated him. His father was the chancellor." He raises his voice so others can hear. "That locked us up." I breathe heavy staring at him. People start to talk, whispers going through the crowd. "Come on, this is ridicules." He looks at the crowd. "I don't have to answer to you, I don't have to answer to anyone."