23. ENGLISH

"Well, everything is ready for tonight, buddy. I'll be able to surprise Cassandra, or at least I hope," Varian said to his friend, scratching his head uncertainly.

"Hey, Varian. Hi!"  a voice exclaimed as it entered Varian's laboratory.

"Oh, hi Rapunzel. You scared me," Varian said.

"I'm sorry. What are you doing?"  asked the friend.

"I try to impress Cassandra. We go out together today, hard to believe right?"

"Oh my God, Cassandra didn't tell me anything! I'm happy for you, Varian" Rapunzel said hugging the boy.

After Rapunzel left Varian's lab, he went to get ready.  He had to be perfect for that evening.  Ever since Cass had returned to Corona, where she decided to stay, Varian tried hard to ask her out so he could confess to the young woman everything she felt.  Cassandra, to Varian's surprise, agreed and he was the happiest boy in the world.

The time had come and Cassandra did not know what to expect from that evening, even if she had an idea.  When the girl rang the doorbell of the alchemist's house, Varian panicked. Panicked because he would finally tell his feelings to the woman he has never stopped loving since his 14 years, and several years had passed, well 8.

The young woman opened the door and found himself a Cassandra totally different from what he had expected.  She was dressed more elegantly, in a black dress, similar to that of lady-in-waiting, which she was no longer.  When Varian saw her, a "wow" came out of his mouth and Cassandra, which was so unusual, blushed.

"W-Welcome Cassie," the boy stammered.

"Hi Varian" Cassandra said smiling "Can I come in or do I have to stay out here forever waiting?"  the young woman asked, amused and joker at the same time.

"S-Sure, go inside," Varian said and let Cassandra pass, who was looking at him tenderly.

"You know… you're cute when you stutter," Cassandra said as she passed Varian with a smile on her face.

"Thanks." Varian blushed, not expecting it.

After this dialogue, Varian accompanied Cassandra to her laboratory, she was surprised.  The boy had cooked and made sure that his laboratory was not a laboratory, but a kind of room, like in a restaurant.  He had also written "Cassie" with a lot of Cassandrium, joining them together and then sticking it on the wall.

"Wow Varian. It's-it's gorgeous!"  Cassandra exclaimed and kissed Varian on the cheek, who nearly passed out.

After dinner, Varian psychologically prepared for the speech he would make to confess his feelings.

"Cass, I should tell you certain things," he said, scratching his head with embarrassment.

Meanwhile, the two young men had gone out and were sitting on the stairs of Varian's house.

"Sure, tell me" Cassandra said and met Varian's blue eyes "No, wait. There is no need for words" said the young woman who approached the boy and took him by the collar and then kissed him with passion and love.  Varian was surprised at first, but then he kissed back.

They both stood up continuing to kiss, but Varian then pulled away and asked "Do you feel the same as I do?"

"Sure, and I've always known that, from the first time I saved you. I just was and I'm afraid I'm not enough for you and I'm sorry if I'm going to be a horrible girlfriend," Cassandra said, looking Varian in her eyes.

"D-did you say .. G-girlfriend? I mean, would you like to be with.. with someone like me?"

"Sure kid and remember, you're perfect like this."

That said, Varian kissed Cassandra, and they ended the wonderful evening in the bedroom, making love, as they had always dreamed of.