9

CHAPTER 9

I opened the door and pushed myself to the floor. The ground was wet and dirty, and rain poured heavier than ever. I was weak, vulnerable, and sobbing loudly.

I didn't care that it was raining or that I had no car to go home. I had no idea where I was; I just wanted to let it out, but I won't until I avenge them.

I looked back at the car and found it had crashed into a tree. I tried to contain myself, but my eyes kept burning. I brought my knees up to my face and dug my face in as I wrapped my arms around them. I've lost it all; my heart is suffocating me, and my mind is killing me with memories. I have no one, and no one wants me. I needed my family more than ever, but they were all 6 feet under. "Can I do this?" I inhale. People in this world should never show emotion, and mine are everywhere. My breathing was getting heavier. "How can you explain pain when you are pain itself ?" I looked up.

"Why me, god?"I screamed, hoping someone would hear me.

"Why do I have to go through this."

"Why me?Why me?Why me?"I screamed, hitting the wet dirt underneath me.

I don't know how long I sat there battling my tears, but I felt the cold breeze hit my now-soaked, wet body. I shivered as I stood up and got back in the car. I laid my body on the seat and curled, trying to find warmth. Memories of me and Jonathan started to fill my head. I missed his touch, laughs, and warmth, which I need more than ever. I didn't know if it was tears or the raindrops that slid down my cheeks, and I slowly fell asleep.

____________________________

I woke up to the sound of knocking on my window. I tried to open my eyes, but the sun was so bright I shut them tight in annoyance. I ran my hands against my face, trying to gain myself. I yawned and faced the window; Azrael and his men were waiting outside. It's just what I needed.

"Get out, "Azrael said as he took a few steps backward, giving me space to open my door. So I did and stood in front of him.

"What are you doing here?" I asked in my sleepy voice as I looked up at him.

"Nothing; I'm going to get ice cream, and then I found Daniel's car." He said in annoyance.

I ran my hands through my hair and looked down at my situation.

"What are you doing here?" he said as he looked me up and down and looked at the car.

"Umm." I looked around, trying to find an excuse.

"None of your business, "I replied, looking him straight in his eyes.

He rolled his eyes. " get in; I'm dropping you at your father." he said, and before I could protest, he continued, "What? How will you get home? If you could, you would have gotten there yesterday."

He left me speechless, so I silently moved toward his car, opened the passenger seat, and saw a little boy.

"Hay, that's my seat," he shouted at me, and I raised my eyebrows in surprise.

"Ay, to the back now, "Azrael raised his voice at the little boy.

"No," the little boy said.

"Okay, no ice cream, "Azrael said to him, and he immediately got back; he wasn't joking about the ice cream. I reached in the car without a question.

"Is she your whore?" the little boy asked. I turned my head toward Azrael in shock.

"No," Azrael said as he focused on the road.

"Then who is she?" the little boy asked.

"She's Daniel's daughter, "Azrael replied.

"Uncle Daniel doesn't have a daughter." the little boy said