26

CHAPTER 26

The game begins with tire jumps, then brick-to-brick jumps, moving to crawl and bars. The mountain had a rope, and I gripped it tightly and pulled myself. When I reached the top, I had to go down without a rope, a reversed mountain climb. I focused on my breathing down; I turned around to see a swimming pool. I looked at Azrael, and he jumped without a second thought.

I jumped in as well, and the water ice cold pierced through my clothes to my skin, and I almost screamed. I pushed my head out of the water, took a deep breath, and saw Azrael running, so I made my body swim. As I reached the end, I felt light-headed. I ran like my life depended on it. My uneven breath slowed me down to get the red stone, but I did.

When I reached to hold it, the heat rippled through my hands, and there was no way of having it. Azrael picked it up in his shirt, so I removed my ice-cold shirt, kicked the heavy stone, and pulled. I pulled my shit, praying that it wouldn't tear to the end; every step I took was a waste of breath, so I stopped and took only a second to rebalance it. My weight and the weight of my wet pants with the boots didn't help me pull the rock any faster.

I see Azrael getting closer and closer to the finish line, and I pull with everything I have; my muscles scream at me for the sudden movements. It felt like I was breaking every ice sheet on my muscles. Azrael's shirt tore, and I thank god and started kicking it with his boots. Now we were equal; a few more steps, and I would reach the finish line, but so would he.

I fall to the ground once I cross the line; I look to my right and see Azrael breathing heavily.

"Who won?" he asked.

"I don't know."I breathed, and I fell back, trying to soothe my aggressively beating heart against my ribcage.

"Did you do this before?"I asked between my breaths.

"Every time it changes."

"That was one hell of a swim." He chuckled

"Hell isn't the correct word, that shit " I released a heavy breath. "That almost killed me."

"It wasn't that bad," he said. I pushed myself on my elbow.

"Right, when I didn't think things could get worse, that rock is like a 100 degree." I raised my hand to him.

"They are just red." he isn't wrong, but that hurts.

"I must say the shirt technique was smart." he pointed at the rock.

Relation hit me that I was in my pushup bra as I looked down at myself, and my boobs were very inviting; my cold body started heating, and my face started burning.

"That was a good warm-up," he said.

"Warm-up?" He laughed at me.

"I want to take you to one more place," he says, giving me his hand.

"Awww and I thought our date was about to finish." I placed my hand in his, and he pulled me up.

"If we were on a date, that's not how I would work you out," she whispers closely and walks away.

"That if," I said clearly to him, he doesn't need to have the last words.

I take my shirt from underneath the rock and speed walk past him, reaching for my bag and chugging the water down. We got out, aware that we were thoroughly soaked, and entered another room. This time, I was alone; he was somewhere up in a room looking at me; there was absolutely nothing but the dirty ground and a wall of weapons.

His voice echoed into the room through a speaker. "Choose a weapon." So, I directed myself to the weapon wall. I reached to choose the gun but heard his voice come again. "You can only choose one, Iris, so choose carefully." I step back, taking in all the weapons; I have no idea what the next challenge is; Azrael didn't give me a clue.