14

CHAPTER 14

My day started with the following: shower, hair, and clothes. Then, I made my way down to breakfast. I said good morning as I sat around the table, and a plate of waffles was placed before me. I smiled at the memory of Azrael being hit with a pan. I looked at Azrael to see him quickly changing his attention from me to his phone. I stared at him for a minute.

"It's rude to stare." He stated.

"It's weird to be a stalker," I responded.

"We don't kill in this house." Now, he warned.

"Are you that threatened by me?" I heard someone choke on my question.

"It's more of trying to keep a peaceful environment." Azrael cleared.

"I could do civil," I said.

"Yeah, right." he chuckled. As I was ready to respond, Rowan entered with a good morning and sat beside me.

"OMG, you are having waffles." He squealed, looking at my plate. "I never tried them." He finished, looking disappointed. I opened my eyes wide in shock; this kid had never tried waffles in his entire life. Where was he living?

"And you won't," Azrael told Roman.

"Why not?" I asked.

"Because I said so." He answered, gluing his eyes on his phone.

"You are ripping his childhood." I joined.

"And what do you know about raising a child?" He asked, looking at me.

He is right, though; It's always been me and my twin. We always had someone else to look after.

"I am a woman; I know more than you do." I used my female privilege, which could be stupid to do, but.

"You would be surprised." Azrael continued, and I raised an eyebrow in confusion. "He won't be eating any waffles, end of the story." He responded, and a plate of fruits was placed before Rowan.

"Why, though?" I insisted on knowing the answer.

"Because he will get hyperactive." He cleared.

"Then let him out," I suggested.

"Are you that naive? In this world, you step out of the house defenseless, which means you are dead within seconds. He won't leave this house until he finishes his educational and fighting degree." He said, annoyed, controlling much.

"I can still give him some when you are not around."I continued.

He hit the table, making everyone jump but me; god, don't I enjoy pissing him off. Everyone seemed terrified of him, even though they acted close to him. But I wasn't in the slightest scared. I understand where he comes from, but he must also understand that Rowan is just a kid. He doesn't have to act like an adult; he is ripping someone's childhood.

"Don't you dare? He is my brother; he's my responsibility." He responded by focusing on every word.

"OH no, what happened, Uncle Derek?" Rowan asked, interrupting Azrael and my eye connection.

"That monster beside you happened," Derek responded; Rowan was looking at me.

"That's what happens when you step out of your line," I said to Derek.

"Indeed," Azrael warned.

"Hope it taught you a lesson on how to treat females." I remind Derek why he got that broken hand in the first place.

After breakfast, I returned to my room a few minutes later. A knock on my door appeared before allowing them in. It was Venice; he stood in the middle of the room, looking intimidating.