50

CHAPTER 50

I place the papers on the meeting table and distribute them in groups, "Ms. Genovese." Someone confused at the timing, "Call Ola." I hear footsteps from afar as I pull down the board. My mind racing thoughts, I hang pictures after the other, and someone knocks on the door. "Ms. Genovese, you called me." Ola's voice was coated with sleep. "Yes-." Venice comes into view from behind her, observing the table more than me. "Iris, what is happening?" I get down from the chair and move the first sketches to them.

"These, I need them in the basement first thing in the morning." They look from one picture to another, "These, I need any information you can get on them." Ola takes her phone out and scans the drawings.

"Iris, what do you want from these?" He pointed at the ones that I ordered to be here.

"So much," I say, then walk away, hanging the rest of the picture with a struggle, so I pull the chair and stand on it. Then I filled the other board and the other as I continued drawing.

Ola and Vinces went hours ago doing what I ordered them to do. I pulled out the last piece of paper and started drawing the face I hated the most; with each line, my heart ached, and my soul slowly faded with each line I stretched. But hate, disgust, and anger fueled me as I continue—my head banging with the thought that it might not end anytime soon as the sun rises. Cerin concisely filled my cup of coffee whenever it emptied, my eyes strung as I finally finished the picture and looked at it. This person was so foreign, I didn't know who it was. I looked at myself, chained and bloody. "Cerin, bring me a lighter." Cerin walks away.

She was fragile, soulless, too foolish and robust, but not strong enough. I hated what they did to me, how my face looked, how my spirit was scarred. I heard footsteps behind me as Cerin placed the lighter on the table and left.

I look at her one more time, one last time, and say. "I'm not you anymore, and we are never going back," I push the lighter and stare at the fire, first remembering how I burned my house, then looking back at her. "May we never meet again." I connected the fire and the paper, and a hand behind me pushed it closer. I look up and see Azrael, "may we never meet again." He said, looking at the drawing more than I did.

"Iris, they are here." Venice cuts us off.

"Who's here?" Azrael asked.

"Join Both the vipers and wolves at my underground and take my uncle with them."

I informed Venice, and with that, he was gone. Azrael waited for me to explain after finally taking in the room. "Listen, Azrael, once we leave this office, don't try to stop me. Don't you dare question me no matter how far I go?"

"Iris, what are you planning?" His voice sent shivers across my skin from how instantly sharp it switched.

"Something you might hate." I kissed his lips before he said anything, and he was exactly what I needed. He understood, I didn't want to talk about it, and he might hate what I might do or show who I have become, but he will stand tall next to me no matter what.

My body feels so weak as I taste him; I moan, and Azrael's hands grip my waist. "I've missed you." He pulled me closer, "Don't ever leave me." He says against my lips.

He turned us, and I felt the table press against my back; Aural pressed closer, demanding me to sit. "Azrael, we have to go." I bit his bottom lip as I sat on the table.

No reaction, "at least close the curtains." The office was all glass, so anyone walking by could see us. He leans closer, forcing me to rely back as he slowly moves to my neck. "Let them know you are mine." My mind is gambling with my body, but I'm in control, so I cup Azrael's face and force him to face me.