23

CHAPTER 23

She took the first step, and I almost choked on my drink; gapes stole all the air from the giant ball, leaving me without thoughts, and she took two more steps. No one believed their eyes, and her image became clear to everyone.

"Fucken hell." I hear Piro breathe in the earpiece.

She wore a gold and black dress with her hair up, her eyes stole the show, and I couldn't hide my surprise or admiration. Another daring gown, another show stopper, but she owned the spotlight; it's like it's calling for her. My eyes are glued on her; she might have brought hell to earth, but she looked like heaven, and for someone as sinful as me, I wonder if I have a chance with her.

Not a single word has I heard since her entrance; everyone is shocked and stunned by her. She wasn't just Hades' daughter or the viper's princess. She was a queen coming to snatch her throne and wouldn't mind getting her hand dirty.

She stepped into the bloody aisles without pulling her dress up as most girls do, careless about what gets ruined and more of putting statements. I could almost see the smirk she was hiding; Daniel would lose his shit after the announcement; she just told everyone she's not pure in any way, and she doesn't give a fuck. But for Daniel, it shows everyone that he is powerless and weak; he can't even control his daughter.

There are so many wrong things about what she is doing, but this raises something new in me, something unfamiliar, almost telling me to push her down the bloody aisles and fuck the living shit out of her in front of everyone.

She reaches up the stairs and stands tall before her father without regrets. Daniel took out his knife and placed it in his hand; he didn't flinch as the blood started dripping. He brought his hands above her head and spilled blood; she tilted her head back so the blood ran down her back and not her face. Then she squatted as Daniel placed the golden snake-shaped crown over her head and dressed her with the necklace and the snake earrings that matched the theme. She finally stood, and Daniel sat down, putting the matching snake heels on her. They stood face to face, and then Daniel took her hands and faced the crowd.

"We welcome a new member to his community; all bow to Iris Genovese, Hade's daughter, and The vipers' princes," Daniel spoke firmly to the crowd; now the world knows Hades has an heir. Everyone bows their head down, and Daniel walks down with Iris; they all stand up and circle the dance area. Iris's dresses leave bloodstains on the ground; the clicking heels echo from wall to wall. When They Reach the center, he circles her till he stands behind her; he takes the black blindfold and places it gently around her eyes. Everyone knows what happens now; fathers push every promised and unpromised heir to take her, so I drown the glass and take another one.

Daniel leaves, songs start playing, and males start rushing towards her. The first to hold her dances with her. There he is with his green eyes and blond hair, Zegor. He eyed her from head to toe as one of the males beat him to Iris. I don't blame them. Iris is stunning, but all of them are searching for power, a machine to produce their heir, and when power and title come with it, it becomes unvisitable.

The gentleman Swoopes Iris, expecting her to fall in his hold, but I trained her; she probably heard him before he reached her. I smile. He places his hands around her waist, and with every swayed step, he pulls her closer till there is no space between them. His hands feel her curves moving lower and lower to her ass; I drink some more. He slows his hand on her thighs and pulls her closer. She places her hand around his neck, and the other slide down his chest. Those beautiful small hands of hers all over him and the same to his. He pulls her leg up to his waist, and she almost tips those looking up at him.

The glass in my hand breaks, and I find myself in the middle of the dancing area, gun in my hand, and shoot his brains out. I might have started a war with his clan, but for today, just for today, work is the last thing on my mind. I have the itch to touch her, to feel her again. Iris stood over the fallen body of the man, almost shocked, and she put her hand over blind people, almost taking it off, but I stopped her without a word.