3

CHAPTER 3

A flame in me was burning. I had done something that I couldn't take back. I destroyed my morals; Hope is gone. My mother said this world is brutal and bitter, so I will show them the true meaning of brutality and bitterness.

The airplane door opened, and the wind caressed my skin. I took my suitcases and entered a taxi. After three hours, I reached a black metal door with two guards across it. The building was very eerily royal. I made my way to them confidently.

"I am here to meet Daniel Genovese." The first guard pulled the gun out, pointing it at me. Knowing this may not end well, a devilish smile crept on my face.

The second guard circled me, "Who are you? And how do you know his real name?" His tone was dark. It was supposed to scare me.

I commanded, "I want to meet with Daniel Genovese."

The second guard looked at the first guard, nodding his head. In a second, I took the first Guard's gun and knocked out the second guard. I looked at the first guard with confusion and mocked, "Did no one teach you not to point a gun so close to the person? Like who taught you?" I rolled my eyes.

If violence is the only language, then let's talk. "Move," I order the first guard while pointing the gun to his head.

"Wait," He stopped, looking back at me. "Go get my bags," I commanded again. He nodded his head and did what I asked him to do. "Now lead the way."

I walked in, and people who were in the manor looked like they wanted to tear me alive, and some were in shock as to how I made it there. He led me to the office, where I saw Daniel kissing a woman against the wall.

Anger filled me as I saw them. My mom went through hell, and he was here hooking up with another woman!

"Sir," the guard called nervously.

"Not now," Daniel replied.

Without hesitation, I shot the painting that was next to them. I nailed it and got his attention. What I didn't see coming was him pulling the gun and shooting my arm.

"Shit, seriously!" I breathed.

"You shoot, I shoot. Now who the fuck hell are you?" he said calmly. I handed him the box.

"You expect me to open it?" he said with a laugh and arrogance; well, good to know we share something other than just features.

"I guess you should be threatened; an outsider is in your home." I drew a mocking smile.

"No darling, you are in the den of vipers, meaning you are one minute away from death." Those blue eyes matted with darkness.

I struggled to open the box because of my arm, but I handed him the letter once I did. He harshly took it from me, looking deep into my eyes as in, 'This better be good.' I saw his eyes go over the lines. I held my arm, trying to slow the bleeding, and he looked at me. "You expect me to believe this?" He shook the paper.

"My mother would never lie to me, and I can do a test to prove it."

"Who is your mother?" he said, unaffected.

I handed him the folder that had their pictures. "Sofia," her name gently rolled off his tongue. His face froze as the wave of memories washed over him.

He scanned me, trying to see our similarities, which was extremely clear. "What happened to her? How did she die?" his voice held tempered emotions.

"She was shot," I replied.

"Who shot her?" he asked with extreme coldness.

"She was shot like everyone else," I replied in the same pitch.

"Who else was shot, and why is she addressing two people? Speak, child!" He looked down at the paper. "Tell me everything from the beginning, as in who, how, and where."

"Call someone to fix what you did first!" I snarled. I looked at the wound; it won't scare it was just a scratch, after all. "Then we will talk." He raised his office phone to his ears, saying, "Get the medic now."

While going to the sofa and leaning backward. He stared at my wound for a second. "It's all right." I pulled the previous gun and shot him in the same arm he hit me." See, we are even," I smiled at him.

He stared, amused, debating if maybe I was his daughter after all.

We were interrupted by a knock on the door. It was the medic. I saw her as she made her way to Daniel. "Me first," I firmly said. She shot me a dirty look, and I gazed at her up and down. "Are you blind? Don't you see that I'm bleeding more than him?" She looked down, moving towards me.

"So tell me everything," my father said calmly.