48

CHAPTER 48

Iris POV.

I ordered Venice to do a deeper search on my uncle until I got ready; he went by Phantom Shadow. That name does sound familiar. I don't know where I heard it, but it's been around for a while.

I entered the limousine with everyone, and Azrael sat beside me. He told me he had a short trip and would return when I was ready. "Where were you?" I asked him.

"Acting like a real wife now, are you?" I rolled my eyes. He chuckles and pulls a small box out of his jacket.

"I went to get this." He opened the box, and there were two rings, and to say they were breathtaking was an understatement; one was a diamond ring, and the second was a rose quartz ring cristal.

"Azrael I- " I was speechless, he laughs mockingly in my face "You will be wearing this ring on your finger and let it blind whoever targets you." I chuckled.

He pulls out the first ring, slides it into my finger, and then takes the second ring. "This is to protect what we have." He looks at me and I know what rose quartz stands for and he slides it into the same finger.

Derek winks at me, and Elara gives me that wicked grin that tells me she's screaming inside. I don't look at the others as my stomach flips once we reach my father's house.

I get out after everyone and stand there in my father's house, the father that I killed. Everyone opens for me to walk, and suddenly, I feel so hot; what's done is done. Now it's my choice: do I stand here all day or go in and meet my uncle who craves power? I peel off the jacket and throw it back in the car, letting them see my scars.

I feel Azrael's gaze slide to me, and I straighten; I'm my fathers daughter, and I am taking back what's mine. "Stand tall." I winked at Azrael. He knew I had to do this alone, but he wanted to be here, and I wouldn't prevent him from enjoying the show, would I?

My short hair is straight, and my back is open to everyone with that jacket off. My leather high heel boots click against the floor announcing my presence. I enter my house and feel the servants gaze at me, and after I pass them, the whisper begins. My fiance and family are only a step behind me, I turn hallway after another and find the meeting room. This feels right; every cell in my body boosts my confidence.

I opened the meeting room and found all the men seated. Now, their attention shifts to me; someone at the head of the table stands up. "What do you think you are doing?"

I register myself to flash one of those devilish smiles and let go of the creature banging inside me at last. "Ms. Genovise." Someone said it, and I don't care who it was.

"Uncle? You look nothing like my father." I still have that smile splattered wickedly across my face.

He pulls himself together and smiles at me, "You look exactly like him." He stood up to greet me.

"I will thank God every day for that after meeting you."I said as we kiss each others cheeks.

"You also have his arrogance." He grind disgusted as he walks back to the chair.

"Father's daughter." I walk closer, letting everyone behind me in.

He eyes each of them, "Let's cut this short; I'm here to take back what's mine."

"And what's yours?" He leans back relaxed.

"Everything, even that teddy bear underwear you are wearing right now." Azrael smirked behind me, and I stay in character.

"Excuse me?" He raises an eyebrow.

"Oh, you are excused; I can handle the rest." I wave a hand off.

"You can't just walk in after I took care of everything and call it yours."

"Oh, I can, and I will." Everyone is silent, waiting for his reaction as I dare him.

"This is not your right." I let out a soft chuckle.

"And it's yours?"

"They won't want someone who killed their father." I don't even flinch as he speaks those words, but I feel Azrael closes in.

"Good thing it's not up to them." Everyone is watching.

"You should be slaughtered for even stepping a foot in his house." Azrael stiffens, ready to attack.

"This is my house; my father made sure of that."

"Pity if your father loved you, why didn't he write it? I would advise you to leave the child while you still can." Time is ticking in my brain before I go psycho on him. I step out of Azrael's warmth, which might drive him crazy with every step I take.

"I'm the daughter of Hades, and now I'm officially the queen of the vipers. It is my right to get what's mine." Not a movement I sense as I step with every claim.

"You are a woman who has no backbone to stand here and order me. You stand alone with nothing to land you this throne and claim over this mafia." He crosses his legs.

I look down at him, "I am not a woman but a queen. And I don't stand alone; I stand with the wolf in my left hand."

He chuckles mockingly at me. "Just because Azrael is with you doesn't mean you have the upper hand."

The bomb in my mind is ticking faster, and I laugh at him with my face completely blank, "Firstly, don't call my fiancé Azrael. It's Mr. Sicllican. And secondly, for someone who survived everything, I would be more careful." Slowly, I let every word slip my lips.

"That's impossible; no one sane would promise their daughter to him." He nods his head at Azrael.

"You are right; I'm not sane. I killed my father, after all, and I could easily do the same to you. Now get your sweaty ass out of my chair. Your cheap perfume is staining it." I look him in the eyes.

"You will fall, and I will count the days for it."

"You will be counting a lot, boy." The best way to humiliate a man is when you publicly shame him.

"Your father is rotting in his grave, disappointed in you." That said, I remember where I heard his name, P.S.

"You might be right; I should do the right thing. Take him to the cell." He stands up.

"Bitch." He points his finger at me.

"My father hates someone calling me that; bring me his wife and kids. I will personally deal with them." I tell no one in particular. Nothing human in me. I let it slip from my fingers the second they buried my child.

"No, please," Xane and Venice held him as he tried to walk back to me.

"Please, what?" I looked down at him even though he was taller than Azrael.

"Leave the kids out of this." He begged.

"Why should I? You didn't leave mine." I closed in, his eyes widened.

I smile wickedly at him. "You think I don't know about you cooperating with the snipers," he stays silent; Azrael tries not to show his surprise like everyone else. "I'm Iris Genovies, it will take more than that to fool me." I walk back to my chair.

"You are a teenager; you will only doom us all." Xane and Venice grip him tighter.

"You made sure I skipped my teen-life once you planned to put me in that cell and treat an animal better than me." He shakes his head in disbelief.

I wave a dismissive hand and say before they leave, "We will need his phone," I say to Elara, and she nods and walks out with the other.

I lean back into the chair and cross my legs; I stretch my red lips at everyone as their attention shifts to me. "Start."