12

CHAPTER 12

Iris POV (ONE WEEK LATER)

I've been completing my training with Azrael in the morning and learning more about the family business afterward. Next week, I will be announced to the community, and I don't know how to feel about being part of the mafia and being the daughter of Hades.

"That's it for today. I'm guessing you finished your lessons with Zank?" Azrael said.

Zank is Daniel's right-hand man who has been teaching me the family business, if you know what I mean.

"Yeah," I replied while packing my stuff and preparing to leave.

"I am impressed to see someone learn everything this fast." He said mockingly.

"Don't take Einstein to know what you truly do," I said, leaving the gym and him behind.

Remembering that I had finally finished my training and studies relieved me. A light of joy beamed in my heart, knowing I was done. But I will get my first task after the announcement; killing was never an option. Just knowing that I will be pulling a soul out of a body scares me. Those hands have done some damage but never destroyed; the more I think about it, the more it tariffs me.

I was pulled out of my thoughts, seeing my luggage at the door. What is happening? I see the servants talking to me, but all I can think of is why my bags are here. I pulled out my phone and called Daniel, who did not answer them.

"Azrael!" I screamed and heard my voice echoing through space. Just a minute later, Azrael stood in behind me.

"What is the meaning of this?" I hissed at him, pointing to my luggage.

"Your father wants you to stay with me from now on," he replied calmly, which made me furious.

"I'm sorry, what?" I blinked my eyes twice in confusion.

"Why wasn't I informed?" I tried to stay calm, but my voice was dripping with venom.

"He was to inform you." He responded calmly.

I exhaled a huge laugh before ordering, "Call him."

"Excuse me?" Azrael said.

"I said call him before I bring this whole house down," I screamed at him; I didn't have this bullshit. They think that I will bow to them and do whatever they say. God, they couldn't be more wrong.

"Hello, son." I heard Daniel's voice on the other line and didn't hesitate to snatch the phone from Azrael's hands.

"You piece of shit," I roared at the phone. I was more than just angry; I was hurt by the fact that he didn't bother to tell me face-to-face and made me look like a fool. I know what I'm about to say will shock whoever is listening, but I hate him.

"Kicking me out of the house, is that how you want to do it?" I yelled at him through the phone. I heard silence on the other side.

"You said you hate me.."I laughed before saying, "Well, I despise you." I ended the call without another word.

I threw the phone against the wall and went outside to gather myself before entering. How could he do such a thing to me? I'm his daughter, whether he likes it or not. I just looked like a fool. I wouldn't say I like this, I hate him, I hate myself. I won't allow it and will never let anything or anyone affect me again.

Piro clears his throat before sitting next to me on the stairs. "So?" he looked at me, waiting for a reaction.

"Welcome to our home..." He said as I exhaled a breath that was weighing me down.