27

CHAPTER 27

I looked back at Iris; she stood without moving, staring at the body. I walked close to her, and she walked out.

"Bathroom now," her tone sickened me. I placed both hands on her shoulders and rushed to the bathroom. She ran in without locking the door; I entered after her and saw her on the ground, one hand on the toilet and the other on her stomach.

I went down behind her on my knees to hold her and rub her back. "Are you all right?" I asked worriedly.

She nodded and replied, "Yeah."

"All right, come on," I said, pulling her from the ground.

Now that I was close to her, I saw the exhaustion in her eyes; her other features were still covered with blood, and so was my hand. Fear wasn't visible in her eyes when she looked at me; she stood up and washed her face.

"I stink," she said. When she looked in the mirror, I almost let out a chuckle.

"We can go home." I nodded to the door, and she walked to it.

As we walked down the hall, the students in their training stopped to look at us. Whispers caught on as we walked further down the corridor; Iris looked up at me with frowned brows and questioning eyes.

One of the kids came running to us. "It's you." looking down at the phone rather than her, I pull the phone from him and see a tape of Iris fighting from the announcement day.

Iris tips her toes to look at it. "How did this video get out?" she asks.

"I don't know, but this is bad." I knew that the mafia community wouldn't sit down on this one.

"How bad?" she looked into my eyes, and I knew she sensed it.

I returned the phone to the kid and pulled Iris forward from her hand; we rushed out. I pull the phone, call Venice, and ask him how the video was leaked. It took him less than two minutes, and he gave me a name.

I called Elara and informed her she had a target to bring tonight. I also called Rowan's baby sister and told her to keep him away from us for now until we wash the blood away. I speed to the house, and I reach there. I saw Elara back outside; she got to the house before us. Iris and I walk separate ways, each in their room. A part of me tells me to go and check up on her, and the other tells me to give her space.

I peel off all the clothes from my skin and let them fall to the floor. I enter the shower and let the hot water soothe my overworked muscles; images of Iris fighting flashed into my mind. She strikes and holds, and that red color brings out her ice-blue eyes. The way she looked up at me while blood was still fresh on her skin, I cursed and turned the shower cold. But she wasn't scared; even the crew cringed when they saw the anger, hate, and lust of violence in my eyes. On the other hand, she stood tall till the end, which worries me.

I get out and dry by wearing my black clothes. I walked down the stairs, and Elara informed me she was out. I reach the kitchen and find Piro and Derek looking at the iPad, talking, and Xane and Venice making dinner. They probably told the kitchen workers to leave early. I walked around Venice, and he showed me he was making salmon with Xane. Then I went to Piro and Derek. They were watching Iris' announcement and the dance. I sat beside them, watching with them; we looked even closer than we felt.

"Man, I didn't know you could dance like that," Piro said.

She was dancing smoothly and delicately, almost like brushing a feather against a canvas. Then the shooting part came, "I could eat popcorn while watching this." Piro teased. I rolled my eyes. "It's a little romance, action, and drama." Pro said and I laughed, when they started crying. "And I bet you were in the drama?" I replied