19

CHAPTER 19

Azrael's phone lit up with a notification.

"We need to go."He said as he read it.

"What's wrong?" his whole expression tensed.

He didn't answer me. Instead, he started the car and drove down the mountain. I opened the window and released a weighting breath. The wind gently brushed my face and woke every cell; the smell of the earth reminded me of home. I opened the radio without asking, and a song started to play.

My hair tickled my face, the song's volume increased, and I looked back at Azrael. He tried not to get caught staring at me but failed. I exhaled a laugh and looked back at the clouded moon.

'What is happening to you?' I asked the moon as I saw the clouds drowning in its light.

I looked down at the ocean as it began raging like a mother trying to save her child but failing. And the sound of the tree screaming to reach his lover. Darkness filled my senses by the unraveling scene.

The moon despaired, and thick drops of rain scared me, blood. That's what I thought of them. I rolled the window up, closing it shut. The song still played as the rain drenched the car completely. I close my eyes, trying to erase the disturbing image from my mind.

"I didn't know that Mrs. Gold is scared of rain." Too much blood; don't open your eyes.

"Death doesn't scare you, but rain does?"

"Shut up." Azrael exhaled a laugh.

The car came to a stop, but I still didn't open my eyes. I could hear his door open and shut.

"Azrael?" No answer.

Azrael POV.

I open her door, and she moves away from the rain, her eyes shut tighter, and her grip on the seat hardened.

"Get out."

"Azrael closes the door," she ordered.

"I won't until you get out." I demand.

"In your fucken dreams," she's very amusing, I smirk.

I went down to her level and asked her, "Why are you scared of it?" she looked lost in thought as she moved her eyes under her eyelid.

"It's just rain, Iris." I relaxed a little to calm her down.

I took her hands and let the rain soak them; she held her breath and tried to pull her hands away from my grip.

"Look at me." She didn't say a word.

"Look into my eyes," I demanded in a chill voice.

"Yeah fuck off." I smiled at her response, yeah, that was cliche. "Fine." I stood up, picking her up in a bridle style without a warning. She demanded and hit me at first, then clenched her grip on my black buttoned shirt. She screamed and threatened as usual. This woman weighs like a feather the fuck does she eat.

"Look at me,'' I said.

"no"

"Okay, then we will stay here till the morning."

She signed. I stood under the rain as it showered us from head to toe. I was already soaked, but I watched her as she blinked her thick lashes with every drop that fell on her face. It is tempting sometimes to touch her perfectly plumped lips. Her beautiful, full eyebrows frowned, drawing images in her mind. If only she opens her eyes, her body shrinks itself, pressing against me, and her grip becomes even tighter.

"Iris," I whispered.

"Let the rain wash away everything." I looked down at her; she exhaled and took a minute before she flattered those lashes, and I hovered over her to make her comfortable. She flashes her beautiful blue eyes at me, luring me in; I don't know how long it took me to realize that she bewitched me.