17

CHAPTER 17

My body got lost due to my foggy mind. And my lips pleaded to be touched; I might also forget my name. It felt right, perfect. I placed my hand on his chest just as the slight friction teased my lips and pushed him. He stumbled back, shocked.

"No." My voice was still weird, trying to regain itself.

"I'm sorry-." He tried to apologize

"Don't you dare?" I spoke.

"Iris."

"No." Silence fell for a second before I walked out.

"Iris," Azrael called multiple times, and I ignored them. I was pulled back from my arm once I reached the hall of our rooms.

"Iris, I'm sorry."

"Don't you dare touch me?"I hissed at him.

"Okay, chill." He raises his hands.

"I didn't- no." What have I done?

"It's not a big deal." That bastard.

"I betrayed my husband." I managed to say. I raised my right hand, showing him my finger.

"Iris, we didn't even kiss." He is right.

"Plus, he is dead." Without hesitation, a hard clap echoed in the hall from my hands, attacking his face. I didn't care to look at the reaction of the other, but I am sure it was shocking since I heard gasps.

I headed to my room without another word. Who does he think he is? Maybe he has the world fear him. But I, I will stand as a bone in his throat.

I gathered my stuff after having a long shower, trying to ease my sore body, removing all the food, and then headed to the hospital. I went for my weekly checks with Dr. Nadia. I needed to know everything was fine after yesterday's activity. I hate Azrael so much that I want to pull out every organ in him alive with my bare hands.

"Ms. Gold." The nurse called.

I entered the doctor's room, and the decrease in temperature cursed my skin.

"Iris, how are you?" Doctor Nadia greeted me. She knew almost everything except that I was in the mafia and the reason behind my exercise.

"better"

"Well, sit down while I prepare myself."

I did, as usual, lay down and put my shirt up. And she did her usual sanitization before the sonar, adding small talk.

"Everything seems fine. You see that small dot." she pointed at it, and I nodded.

"That's the baby." I looked at the screen heavily.

"Like a cherry, so tiny."

"That's a new one." she laughed, and so did I.

"Would you like me to print it for you?"

"Please." I looked at her once more before looking back at the screen.

"Iris?"

I gave her my full attention.

"I know you said you don't want a therapist,"

I held her hand. " I'm fine."

I know she saw the bruises and bandages on my back.

"You are working out so much, Irish. You are hurting yourself." I stayed silent. "You know, talking to someone can help a lot."

"When will I start showing?" I asked bluntly, sitting up. I know she wants the best for me, but I am not ready to talk, especially to someone I don't know.