41

CHAPTER 41

Iris POV.

I hear gunshots from afar and jump up in excitement. I hear screams, and then here he is Azrael. His eyes widen at my state, and his eyes land on the chains; he throws the gun to the ground and rushes toward me.

"Oh my god, Iris, what have they done to you?" I see tears glittering in his eyes, and I bet my tears are running down from mine.

"You are here." I breathe as I pull my chained hands to his face and kiss him, and he kisses me back. He pulls back to cup my face and brushes my tears away, "I'm getting you out of here." I nodded, feeling the relief wash over me; I finally got to go home.

My eyes opened, and I was alone in the black pit cell. It was another dream. Sweat coated my body with shivers tickling. They probably drugged me again like the two previous nights before it. A laugh echoed near the cell, "Was that a good sleep? Dream about someone you know?" Jonathan walks closer.

I hate him; he watched as they raped me and just smiled. "Yes," I sat upon my knees; he tilted his head, waiting for me to complete. "I had a good dream."

"O, please enlighten me."

"I was sticking my nails down your throat, and blood coated them; so pretty." He laughs as I whisper the last words so sweetly.

"They're not coming; they only can find us unless we want them to." He smiles at me.

I stare so deep into his eyes, the same eyes I fell in love with, the same eyes I kept dreaming of, the same eyes I stared into and found my home.

"The fire of hell is mercy compared to what I will rise." I reached my inner demon and saw him happy to get out as he said each word. Jonathan's smile retracted.

"Is that a threat?"

"No," I smiled up at him so innocently. "It's a promise." He looks back at Brine, then chuckles.

"That is if you get out of here in one piece."

"I will." I might not be whole mentally, but I will get out; every ounce of me knows that my father and Azrael are coming. I feel it with every beat of my heart.

———————————————

I open my eyes wide with a gasp again, waking from the same dream, but it's my father. I return to the wall and can't move my legs; it hurts too much. They have been using me like a whore, using me every day and night. I passed out from the sharp pain that increased every day in my core. I don't know what was happening as I peel off the dried blood from my thighs. My hands shake as my heart and mind keep cursing me; I push it away and continue peeling the blood. I swallow and find my throat so dry; I bring my hand up to rub out the pain from his tight grip and wince as I brush my hair from my face. There's even more blood on my face today. I try to wipe it, but my face hurts even to touch.

Heels stop before me, I look up, and a beautiful woman stands beside me. She throws a piece of clothing, "You must be Hope."

"And you are?"

"Jonathan's wife." Nothing was on her face, no pity, mercy, or even life; it was a complete blank.

"You know Azrael?" She said his name so quickly.

"What do you want?"

She comes closer and squads to my level, "One thing only as a repayment for taking care of your kids." She pulled my hand and placed the shirt and a necklace underneath it.

I look at her, and she whispers, "Deliver this to him." I look so deep in her blue eyes, "One more thing, fight it." I narrow my eyes. When I opened my mouth to say something, I saw Jonathan enter the cell. We both look in his direction; I look back at the woman and see a bruise on the back of her neck, or was it a hickey?

"There you are, baby." He calls for her the same way he used to contact me. "What are you doing?" He looked between us; it was that actual worry in his eyes that he desperately hid within seconds. He walks over and sees the shirt in my hands, "My sweet wife is always so considerate." He smiles so sweetly at her that she stands up and gives him a shy smile. He looks down at me, brings her into a genuine kiss, and moans loudly against her lips.

I feel numb; that's what I genuinely think. I'm not jealous or angry. I just let the betrayal hit me harder and harder till I feel numb. He wraps his hand around her waist, bringing her closer, he could fuck her right here in front of me, and I wouldn't care. "Why don't we compete in our bedroom," he bit his lips. I look away, rolling my eyes. "Oh, don't worry, I will send someone for you on my way out; that way, you won't feel left out." He smiles down at me.

"I don't care whom you fuck, Jonathan." I spit.

He laughs and then says, "One more thing, my name is Kaen." I Rolled my eyes, and he walked out with his wife. Her hands were too tight on her arm, and I realized it was a bruise.

I put on the only piece of clothing over my body; I can't wear it, that's for sure. I can't help but part of me wonder who this woman is. She looked at me one last time before she left with a plea in her eyes. I unwrapped my hands around the necklace and took in its design; it was heart-shaped gold with an infinity sign on the back. The front was a three-D line containing a red orb, probably some gem. It looks old, but it's worth a lot of money. Why does she want me to give it to Azrael?

I was cut out of my thoughts when Brin came into view; he had the same smile as usual. Two men enter from behind him and pull me up to stand, every inch of my body screaming in protest of the movement. They brought my hand up, connecting it to the ceiling; my foot was far from the ground, and my arm groaned from carrying all my weight. Brin walks closer, looking up and down at my bare, naked body, fully displayed before him.

"We have a different game today."

He circles me, then appears with a whip, "I heard you met someone who was with us." He was talking about Elara, "You want to know how we punished her?" He looks down at the whip and then up to me.

"It seems I haven't taught her enough." He nods to the men, and they turn to me. "Since I can't take it on her, someone she knows will do."

The sound of wind echoed before it sliced through my skin, my eyes shut too quickly. Again and again, he wiped; I bared my teeth too hard, blood spilled in my mouth like water, and I swallowed. Another lash slashed through my skin, and my hands got warm, not realizing that I was gripping the cold chain with my hand. The liquid drips down my back, and I pray for strength, just a little for me and my babies. So I close my eyes and take his wiping, thinking of both my babies, their beautiful blue eyes, the way they smile or bible some none scene.

A tear fell from one of my eyes, and the wiping stopped. "Finally, I thought I would push harder only to see a tear roll from those eyes." I opened my eyes, and he was in front of me; he brought his hand to my face and wiped away the tears. Then, he brings it to his lips and tastes it, and a moan slips in between. "Your misery tastes so sweet." He laughs.

"That was joy." I smile down at him as my hands shake. "Knowing that once I'm out, you will be the first to die." I bare my teeth and swear, "With my bare hands."

His smile falls and appears again. "If you are so sure, why has no one shown?"

"They will." He laughs.

"The only reason you are torturing me that much is that you know I'm not easy to break." I stare at him, "You want to prove you are stronger." I hiss at him, "Pitty, now you signed your death with my blood on your hand." He backs away when my face closes to him.

"That's right, fear me, Brin of the Snipper. Because the grim reaper will be watching you." I smirk so hard while still locking eyes with him.

They set me free from the ceiling, and I fell to the ground, eyes still burning with hunger; never again will I let them deceive me. Salty water is splashed over me, burning every scar on my body, and I bark a sharp gasp; Brin squats down to my level as my body shakes viciously. "The grim reaper has only eyes on you." He laughs and walks away whistling.

I run my hand across the rough ground; I scream in my mind and watch as everything fades slowly. Watch as my body gives up on me again; maybe no one is coming, and it's a fool's hope.

My body contacts the ground with a groan and shake.