51

CHAPTER 51

They played the dark games, chose, and now faced the consequences. I picked my choice, and now they are scared and regret it, too late. But, before I had fun with them, I turned to my uncle and his family.

"Please leave my family out of this." He cries. He took my family and everyone I knew and threw me into a world I wasn't prepared for. He stripped me of everything; now it's his turn.

"You made your choice."

"I'm sorry." I chuckle at his cheap sorry.

"You're sorry. You won't bring back my family."

"I will give you anything. Torture me as much as you want, but leave them out." He looked at them with so much love that I smiled.

"Bring her closer." The wife falls to the floor, begging and crying, "Please don't do this; I haven't done anything."

One of the soldiers handed me the folder. I took the photos out and threw them on the floor. She looks at them. "I guess your husband and best friend weren't that loyal."

She looks back at him, "How does betrayal feel?"

"God damn you," she hissed at him. "I'm sorry." He begged her.

"Don't worry darling, I will damn him good for you." She looks up at me with a plea in her eyes. I pull out the gun, "Turn her around," The child screams, wanting her mother. I fire the bullet, and she falls between my legs, "Take her away and bring me the child."

The child was so pretty. "Iris, please don't; you have children of your own, please, please."

I snapped my head at him, "I have one child only." His eyes widened in realization, "No."

"He killed her and wrapped her and put her in a box and delivered her to me."

"I didn't do this."

"You helped him reach us." I look back at the little girl.

I squat and dry her tears, "You know I had a pretty girl like you; she was this big." I square my hands.

"I want mommy." I stare at her trembling hands.

"I will take you to her, but I want you to know something before you go." I pointed to my uncle, "He took my mommy, daddy, and baby. He took my sister and also your mommy." Her tears stopped as she looked at him. "He hurt her; that is why she was crying." I stand up and stretch my hand.

"She's lying, sugar," he repeated.

"Do you want me to take you to Mommy?" She looks back up at me and nods. "Close your eyes, little bird." I aim the gun at her, but Azrael stops me. He was about to say something, but I looked at his hand on my arm, and then at him, he shook his head slightly. But I continued staring at him; he removed his hand and stepped aside. I wait a second to hear if another voice tries to pull me back, but nothing. The little girl was shaking, so I bent down and hugged her. She deserves a quick death. So I placed the gun at her head, "Shhh, you are finally free, little bird. You can fly now." And fire the bullet without any regrets.

Her body falls on mine instantly, and I carry her away; her father's screams and shouts remind me of mine but are not even quite as painful. I hand her to one of the soldiers and walk back to him, "You monster."

"Now you will live all alone, knowing their death was because of you, and you won't even know where they are buried." He continued crying and fighting the ropes, "Choices have consciences, uncle. It was nice meeting you."

"You will fall," he screamed as they pulled him. I don't want him dead yet. He will live as long as I do, a prisoner of his mistake. As I look back, Azrael burned flames in his eyes. I ignore him, walk around, and tell him without looking back, "Choose which one you want." He set his emotions aside and stood next to me. I knew he would lecture me later about what just happened.