30

CHAPTER 30

Iris POV.

I took off to the bathroom, heart aching. What the fuck I'm doing? I'm afraid that's not right in many ways, but it feels good.

I open the water and let it wash my sins. My leg was too sore to stand, so I sat against the cold ground. I escaped my mind; for once, I was out of this hell.

With a cold towel around my soaked body, I returned to the room, and thankfully, Azrael was gone. The anger and hate inside me banged harder. I could hear it, but I shoved it more profound than before. I fall on the bed and crawl into myself, still praying to God to keep me sane. I focused on my heavy breath, trying to calm it down with my body, and I fell into a deep sleep when I did.

_________________________________________

It was 6 o'clock when Elara entered to give me an outfit that Azrael found more fitting for the 'hunt' she helped me in as she explained the rules. " Lastly, Azrael adds, especially for you, Stay close to him." I rolled my eyes.

The outfit was a dress with multiple vertical slits stopping at the top of my thighs to help my movements and pockets within them for extra weapons. The long sleeves reached my middle finger; the lace further enhanced my waist.

"Let's go, Xane prepared us some goodies." Elara squared her shoulders.

We leave for Xane's room. Xane hands each one of the guys a bucket full of weapons. "Hello, boys." Elara stopped at the edge of the door; she shaped her body to enhance her curves. Elara wore leather from head to bottom, fit at every angle, but from how she moved, it seemed pretty comfortable. Derek whistled as he took in Elara's provocative figure.

All the boys wore black, placing weapons in every space they found: guns, blades, and much more. I took in Azrael's sharp figure; he had a jacket on with multiple belts to carry weapons and keep everything contained underneath. His pants were the same, holding every gun it could take. Turtle neck covering his beautiful tattoos and thick boots that I'm sure have more weapons.

"Oh Damn, Iris, you look hungry for blood." Piro compliment.

"I am," I looked at him as he smirked.

Xane handed Elara her box, and she squealed once she pulled out what looked like a rope but with sharp spikes. "My baby."

Xane handed me a box filled with blades and guns. I filled every pocket and space I could find with them, and I was lucky the weapons were lighter than usual. I looked back at my box, and there were still more weapons. "I can't fit anymore," I push back the pack.

"Bullshit, you barely have any on."Azrael mocked, strapping what I am guessing was a bomb belt around his waist.

"I filled all the pockets." Azrael straps his gloves on and walks to me, looking in the box and then at me. He picks out a couple more blades and pulls my hands, inserting some more inside on both sides of the shirt. Then he pulled out what seemed like a strap, kneeled, pushing between the dress strips, and pulled my leg up on his knee while he wrapped the strap around my thighs; the second his fingertips touched my skin, goosebumps tickled up my spine, and my body seemed to memorized his touch, every imprint her left has awoken. He looked up at me with the same lustful eyes he had and seemed to reflect the same; I bit the inside of my lip, fighting the urge to pull him closer right now.

After adding bullets to the straps, he removed some more complicated straps and moved behind me. He crossed it around my waist, tying it; he pulled hard, making me fall forward, holding the table edge with a gasp. "Hold tight."

I looked back at him angrily, and he smirked back at me. This bastard knew what he was doing and how alert my senses were. "Pull this, and it will unwrap itself; push this and have the same as Elaras weapon. Don't push it on yourself unless you want to die." I stayed silent while he pulled out two small crescent-shaped blades; this time, he closed the space between us as he looked down at my rounded breast for a second. I looked at him with a questionable eyebrow, and his smirk widened.

He placed his finger between my breasts and pulled, causing me to inhale sharply, expanding my breast further for his touch. Azrael slides ever so slightly, making the coldness of the blade turn me on; my nipples harden, and he pushes harder on them with the edge of the blade; he inserts the other just the same. "Oh, Azrael, that goes in the hair," Xane noted, " I forgot that others surrounded us. I diverted my eyes from Azrael's and looked at the blades; Azrael wrapped his hands around my hair, twisting it into a bun. How the fuck does he know how to do a bun? He pulls my hair just enough to give me the answer. He held it with the blades, "Take off your boots.''He orders.

"Why?" he nods to Xane.

Xane disappears in the back of his shelves, pulls out a box, and opens the lid; there are regular heel boots. "What's wrong with my boots?"

"They aren't weaponized enough."Azrael pulls out the boot carefully. "These boots feel your movements; once you raise them high enough, a blade will come out of the heel." I raise my eyebrow, amazed.

"Nice." I nod to Xane.

"Now take them off." His voice darkens; two can play this game.

I kneel, unzipping my boots, and slide them off. I look up at him with my doll eyes, knowing how much he loves them, and raise my hands to his waist. He smiles at me, satisfied, Fuck, I fell for his game. He knew I would flash him my doll eyes; he wanted to see them, and like a dummy, I fell for his game. I pulled the boots from him roughly and slid them on, and Fucken hell, he was right; those heels did have blades long enough to cut off someone's head.

I twisted with a step back and tried it on Azrael; the blade tip stopped strictly at his throat as he tilted his head back. All the attention turned to me as I smiled wickedly, "I think I just found my favorite toy."

"I knew you would, so I asked Xane to make it." Azrael smiled; I lowered my leg and felt everyone relax.

"Iris, don't forget your earbuds." This was the last thing Xane said before we were all in the car discussing the plan and the landmark again in case something went wrong; each of them would have Azrael soldiers with them. "We will be here," Azrael pointed to the iPad and explained each one's position. They were surrounding the place, circling their enemy. One of their favorite moves, I assume, Azrael always took the south; that's one thing I must remember.

The car stops, and we all get out, greeted by his soldiers, all the shade of shadow in the night. They bowed down to Azrael, even his crew. I blinked and then looked around and found them all on their knees.

I look back at Azrael, his head high, shoulders back, and everything about him is different; he is a brother to Rowan, a boss and a friend to his crew, and a lover in the bedroom. But he is a king no matter what; his energy, power, and how he held himself sunk to my core. Even his scent is different, screaming authority and fear; the silence in the air from everyone and even nature spoke louder. His soldiers and crew didn't even move a muscle or a nerve; the respect they all showed, or was it fear?

Azrael turns his head, locking his almost white eyes with mine. They were ice-cold, frosting me in place. I held his eyes; he can't expect me to kneel, does he? His eyes slowly unraveled what he once called a monster. I stood my ground; it was a battle, testing me; the creature inside me that was filled with hate and anger woke up again, wanting to mate with his monster. I pushed it down, but it slipped briefly, and I yanked it below further. "Up." They all raised, their eyes down, not daring to catch the gimps of the monster that he had just revealed to me; they were scared of it. What Azrael could become, like looking at him, would make them go crazy, and Azrael seemed to love it.

"March." His monstrous eyes still locked on mine, pushing me to break. Everyone started to march; I bared my teeth, silencing the urge to look away from the still-banging creature. "In position."Derek's voice boomed from the earbud. Heavy-chested, we waited for each one to say the same; it was too intense to hold any longer. "In position." Xane finally said, taking the last position. Eyes still holding me, Azrael said, "Iris Genove, Daughter of Hades and the viper princess." He walked closer to me, his gaze getting harder and harder to hold, and my knees shivered.

"Stand tall." His voice whispered only for me to hear.

"Boss, they are all in," Piro said in the earbud.

His monstrous smile was new to me, nothing from this realm. My skin crawled in itself, and then he said.

"Let the hunt begin."