21

CHAPTER 21

I look back at her. Her eyes are thick; her eyelids seem heavy for her to carry. Her chest expanded and fell fast; I bet her heart drummed her ears.

"Play it again," she ordered coldly. Venice did as she asked and we watched the whole wedding again.

"Again." and the wedding played.

"Again."

"Again." It went on and on.

"Stop," I called.

"There." I pointed at the screen; Venice zoomed to the spot and cleared it.

"The tattoo." Each clan has a tattoo on them. It was a cross inside a circle with spins at the edge.

"Snipers." Xane exhaled. I looked at him and then looked back at Venice and nodded. Venice started typing into his iPad.

"Their wards are strong," he said.

"Who are they?" I asked Xane. He looked at Elara; her face was pale, and her eyes filled with fear. she looked up at me, "It's them." Shit.

————————

Iris POV.

Azrael paced through the room back and forth, and only stopped to ask."What do they want with her?" he pointed at me.

"This doesn't make sense." he pressed his hand on his forehead.

"Who are they?" I finally asked after quitting my bleeding heart. They all looked at Elara, and she looked to the ground. She looked at me, and her legs shook; she looked at them, saying, " I can't." she shook her head, tears in her eyes as she looked up at me and said. "I'm sorry," she said before she took off.

I look back at Azrael; he looks at her with pleading eyes. He cared for her.

"Elara was sold to this clan."Piro looked down at his palms as he continued.

"She was only two years old when they took her; they trained her to kill people." he stopped.

"She failed when she was assigned to kill Azrael. She was only 12 then; Azrael took her when they brought her to the underground." a shift in the air occurred.

"They forced her to do so many disturbing things, Iris," Azrael said.

I stood up, walking from all of them; I knocked on Elara's door before I entered. She was on the bed, curled under the sheets, as I sat beside her. She looked at me with beautiful eyes; I nodded and hugged her. She wrapped herself around me and sobbed so hard that my heart ached. It was like she was telling her story with each sob. We stayed in this position for hours as she cried and wept to sleep. I left the room and went downstairs to search for them, and then Piro called for me. They were all in the Azrael office.

"Great you are here," Azrael said.

"I think she should know," Derek said, and they all eyed him.

"Know what?"

"No, Daniel's orders were clear."

"Listen, I don't have all day to deal with your bullshit; tell me before I blow this house on you."

"No, you father-"

"My father isn't my guardian, and last time I checked, I am old enough."

Azrael wouldn't say a word; they all exchanged looks. "Your father sent you here because there was an attack." Derek blunted.

"Where?" I ask

"At your house." Azrael finally spoke.

"Why wasn't I informed?"