52

CHAPTER 52

Azrael POV.

It was 4 in the morning when Iris got in bed and hugged me so tight she reeked of alcohol. Where was she?

"What's wrong, love?" I was still mad at her for killing the kid, but she looks so vulnerable right now.

She rests her head on my chest, "Just hold me." She whispers.

I wrap my arm around her as she stares at nothing and listen to her breathing as I brush her hair away. "When will it ever stop?" She asks.

"What is it?"

"All of this, what's going inside of me." Her voice clears to me that she is fully drunk.

"What's going inside?" I tilt my head to get a better look at her. Her eyes were red and distant.

"So much that it's tiring." She paused.

This might be the only time where Iris was completely open with me. "I hate what I become, what they made of me, all of it. I look in the mirror and don't know who I am anymore." She stares at the wall, "Maybe they have won because I feel everything and nothing simultaneously."

"Maybe it's because it's too much; you have been through a lot, Iris. It's normal to feel lost."

"I kill, and I feel nothing; I laugh, and I still feel nothing; the only time I do feel something is when I'm with you." I stay silent, not knowing if I should be flattered or worried. But I tighten my grip around her.

"I feel so safe, and I don't know why; I don't know what we are, but I love it. The way you hold me, the way you kiss me and support me. You are my motivation." Butterflies bloom in my body. "And you are my salvation, Iris, my reason to live, laugh, and go on daily. If I go a single day without you, I feel drained; you are my energy, Iris." I confirmed.

"All I ever wanted is to feel love, Azrael, and you make me feel so loved. I hate it." Tears rolled down her face. "Because I don't know if it's real." My heart aches; I denied it all this time, but it's true; I could never part from her. "I might go insane if you hurt me-."

"I would never hurt you."

"That's what he said too." I bit the inside of my lip for a second.

"I'm not him; I am nothing like him. Do you know why?" I brush her hair as he slowly clams. "Because when I saw you on the bed bruised, I felt my heart shredding like someone just shoved their way into my mouth and slowly pulled my heart out. What hurts you hurts me even more." She looks up at me with her round eyes; I brush the tears away.

"I might like you, Azrael." She claims.

"I like you even more, Iris." With that, I just gave my heart to her.

"You should get some sleep now." I place a kiss on her head as she slowly battles her lashes.

———————————————

The morning sun awakes us before Venice News does. Iris twists before sitting on the bed, "That's why I hate sleeping in your room." I chuckle as she blocks the sun.

"Well, if you go like this, it won't annoy you." I turned her so she was on top of me.

She smiles, then says, "My head hurts." I push myself up and kiss her. "Better?"

"A little."

"Go shower while I get the pills." She pulls off of me and leaves for the bathroom.

I pulled on a sweater before going downstairs to get her some aspirin; the house was empty. Where was everyone? I checked on Venice and Xane's rooms, but nothing. Elara and Derek would be up to nagging at each other, but they were nowhere to be found. I would have to call them, so I went to my room, and Iris held my phone in her hand. The robe towel wrapped around her naked body, and she looked at me in complete shock.