18

CHAPTER 18

I returned to the dance floor to enjoy myself, song after song, song after song; I needed this. I jump around with a beat, and my heart rhymes every second; the music, the lights, and the people distract me from reality.

A hand wrapped around my shoulder spins me out of energy. "where is she?"

Derek was panicking, looking around and examining every face of the people around us.

"What?"

"where is she?"

"Who?"

"Elara-" he looked at me.

"Where is Elara?"

"she's backstage with a -" he let go and rushed towards where I pointed. Piro and Xane came to view.

"What's up with him?"

"Nothing, this is normal," Piro said.

"Wanna dance?" I ask

"You don't need to ask, pretty face," Pro replied.

"I will get some drinks," Xane informed us before leaving.

Piro started dancing, and I joined, slowly diving deeper into the crowd. I slowly started to lose myself with every song. Girls surrounded Piro, and his grin widened, wiggling his eyebrows at me. And I couldn't help but laugh.

I looked over for Xane and found him in the VIP room with strippers dancing on a polo and his lap. I am surrounded by man whores, it's clear now. I shook my head and completed dancing. One thing I didn't lose after everything was my love for songs and dance.

I swayed my hips, matching the beat. Seeing people laughing, smiling, dancing, and driving back my old energy was refreshing. Bumping each other, they share the heat, the sweat, and joy.

I'm back in California with friends and Liz, dancing, and drinking: the laughter, the gossip, the flirting. The day I met Jonathan, he broke the guy's nose because he touched me without my consent. The shock when he pulled me by my hands, and we rode into the night. That same night, I loved motorcycles, the same night I kissed him, the same night we went skinny dipping. His hand roamed around my body, exploring, memorizing the heat we shared in that ice-cold water, the day I knew adventure.

It's the same environment, the same feeling, just sober. I'm aware of everything and everyone. No matter how I try to forget, I see moments like these. Hands, heat, and unwelcomed feelings snapping me out of my past. I looked at the unfamiliar figure.

"Hello, hot stuff." A towering male body spoke with a thick voice.

I tried to focus on his face, which was unclear due to the dim lights.

Take your filthy hands off me," I ordered.

"Come on, sweety, let's go somewhere."

"you wanna go somewhere?" My head spins with ideas.

"Come and please, Daddy." I almost cringed.

"Pleasure always comes with pain," I warn.

"mmmmm, let's go, baby."

"The only place you are going to is hell."

I punched him in the nose. He stepped back, tightening his grip on my other hand, pulling me away from the crowd. I tried to attack, but another male held my hand, and both males smiled at each other.

"We love a feisty bitch."

"I'm not your bitch." I kicked him where the lord only knows he would never have kids. he fell to the ground, turning into a ball, whining