1st Part 1st Round: Vaan v. Hiro

Kaiba: Ladies and Gentlemen, the Duel League Championship tournament has begun! I am Seto Kaiba, and shortly our 3 person commentary team will be introduced such as....

Joey: Excuse me Kaiba...

Kaiba: - sighs - Ugh Wheeler, don't you dare say...

Joey: Kaiba, I'm part of the commentary team because they want the underdog point of view!

Jack: You're no underdog, you're just a mutt!

Kaiba: Hey, he ain't no mutt. He's nothing more than a chihuahua!

Joey: Nyeh..

Jack: Oh, my apologies for not introducing myself, Jack Atlas. Also joining the commentary, and am glad to meet your acquaintance, Seto.

Kaiba: Alright let us get this started with the opener for this tournament. Our announcer will make the introductions.

Announcer: The Duel League Championship tournament will begin. First, Vaan!

And his opponent, Hiro!!

Kaiba: Both duelists are in the field and shuffling decks

Joey: Vaan is one known to throw cards out of play, Hiro is a fusion user because of Elemental Heroes.

Jack: Yeah, but we will see whose power will reign supreme.

Vaan 8000 / Hiro 8000

Turn 1

Vaan draws a card and summons La Jinn Mystical Genie of the Lamp (DARK/ Fiend/ ATK 1800/ DEF 1000) and ends his turn

Turn 2

Hiro draws a card.

He activates a Spell Card, E- Emergency Call, to add Elemental Hero Woodsman from deck to hand and sets a monster in facedown defense to end his turn.

Turn 3

Vaan draws a card.

He sacrifices La Jinn to summon Summoned Skull in attack position (DARK/ FIend/ ATK 2500/ DEF 1200).

He attacks the facedown monster of Hiro, which was Elemental Hero Woodsman.

He ends his turn

Turn 4

Hiro draws a card and sets another monster in face down defense to end his turn

Turn 5

Vaan draws a card.

He activates a Spell Card, Monster Reincarnation to discard Gash the Dust Lord to return La Jinn to his hand and summons La Jinn Mystical Genie of the Lamp (DARK/ Fiend/ ATK 1800/ DEF 1000).

Summoned Skull attacks the facedown monster, which was Neospacian Dark Panther. La Jinn then directly attacks Hiro

Vaan 8000/ Hiro 6200

Vaan ends his turn

Turn 6

Hiro draws a card and ends his turn

Turn 7

Vaan draws a card

He summons Royal Knight (LIGHT/ Fairy/ ATK 1300/ DEF 800)

He first attacks directly using Summoned Skull

Vaan 8000/ Hiro 3700

Vaan then attacks with La Jinn

Vaan 8000/ Hiro 1900

Vaan thena ttacks with Royal Knight 

Vaan 8000/ Hiro 600

He ends his turn

Turn 8

Hiro draws a card and activates a Field Spell Card, Clock Tower Prison. He ends his turn

Turn 9

Vaan draws a card

Clock Tower Prison during the standby phase gains 1 clock counter.

Vaan: Summoned Skull direct attack!

Vaan 8000/ Hiro 0

Announcer: The winner of this match, Vaan!

Kaiba: So Vaan wins this match and rightfully so with his show of force

Joey: Or a case of a bad hand for Hiro...

Jack: Ah the views of a simpleton loser. Hiro just doesn't match up! 

Kaiba: Anyway with that victory, Vaan advances to the 2nd half of the 1st round to face off against Odin.