Episode 5 Fiery Rematch (Odin v. Blaze)

Kaiba: Our next contest will be a rematch from the tournament. (7; 1-0) Odin against (14; 0-1) Blaze. A duel where Blaze needs to get back to his winning ways or fizzle out.

Joey: This will be quite a duel since we saw in the tournament Blaze's out of the box means to outduel the Norse/Aesir without even destroying one of the three Aesirs.

Jack: We shall see if history will repeat itself. If Blaze can pull off an upset or if he can only slip by?Now onto the duel.

Announcer: The following duel is between Odin and Blaze. First, Odin!

Kaiba: Coming off quite a win against AK, this one had better lose.

Joey: Wow, biased much Seto the bastard? You can't deny his being impressive in fighting off your precious Blue Eyes White Dragon.

Jack: You two again! Enough! We focus on the upcoming duel with Odin looking quite confident in this tournament rematch. Hopefully that confidence will see him through.

Announcer: And his opponent, Blaze!

Kaiba: One whose fires should never go out. One who needs to prove himself once more that he's still got it.

Joey: This will be quite the struggle. But I know he has it in him to outduel Odin once again.

Jack: Bad hand was the cause of loss in the last duel. Let's see if the same happens or if Blaze will be humbled by the Nordic Aesirs at their full strength.

Announcer: Let the duel begin!

Turn 1 (Odin 8000/Blaze 8000)
Odin draws a card

Odin: I set 4 cards facedown and I summon Vanadis of the Nordic Ascendant (DARK/4*/Fairy/Tuner/ATK1200/DEF400) and end my turn.

Turn 2 (Odin 8000/Blaze 8000)
Blaze draws a card

Blaze: I set 3 cards facedown and summon Great Angus (FIRE/4*/BEAST/ATK1800/DEF600). I attack Vanadis!

Great Angus (ATK1800) attacks Vanadis of the Nordic Ascendant (ATK 1200), which is destroyed and sent to the graveyard due to battle. (600LP damage to Odin)

Odin 7400/Blaze 8000

Odin: I activate a Trap Card, Nordic Relic Laevateinn. I target 1 face-up monster on the field that destroyed a monster by battle this turn and destroy it. I destroy your Great Angus!

Great Angus is destroyed due to the effect of Nordic Relic Laevateinn.

Blaze: I end my turn

Turn 3 (Odin 7400/Blaze 8000)
Odin draws a card

Odin: I set a card to end my turn

Joey: Not going on the offensive?

Jack: Nordic monsters aren't known for offensive capabilities on their own. But the traps on either side or possible spell and traps will make the difference

Turn 4 (Odin 7400/Blaze 8000)
Blaze draws a card

Blaze: I summon Flamvell Firedog (FIRE/4*/Beast/ATK1900/DEF200) and I attack your facedown monster!

Flamvell Firedog (ATK1900) attacks Odin's facedown monster, which was Garmr of the Nordic Beasts (DARK/4*/Beast/Effect/ATK800/DEF1900).

Odin: Garmr's effect activates. Since it battles a Level 4 (4*) monster, that monster returns to the hand after damage calculation.