A Special Tribute to Kazuki Takahashi

The broadcast returns but with a sullen and somber mood surrounding those in attendance as Kaiba, Joey and Jack had their microphones cut but with the camera panning towards the crowd and the arena wide view. Kaiba breaks the silence as he regained composure.

Kaiba: Duelists present and those watching us here live and on the air... it saddens us here present for us to break the news. That the Creator of the Yu-Gi-Oh anime and universe, Kazuki Takahashi has passed away.

A gasp enveloped into the arena but Jack then began to speak.

Jack: A great man that gave life from the time of Seto, but even to the stories hat followed. Stories of friendship, trials and tribulations, courage, heroism and perseverance.

Joey: It saddens us that the one who gave us life is no more. But we all know that this universe, this game, will live on as all duelists will do what they can to draw their own fates to duel duels like never before, tell stories that will be told from now until those who will follow us. 

Kaiba: May I ask for a moment of silence to remember the life of Kazuki Takahashi

Everyone in the arena stood and closed their eyes while bowing their heads out of respect to the Creator of the Yu-Gi-Oh universe and card game. Commentary joined in the sea of reverent silence as the screen began to show a picture of Kazuki Takahashi with the graphic

In Memory of
Kazuki Takahashi

The silence ended as a round of applause was initiated by Kaiba, Joey and Jack as the crowd followed. Among those present in that moment were Yugi Mutou, Jaden Yuki, Yusei Fudo, Yuma, Yuya and Yusaku as the camera showed them in short moments out of respect to Kazuki Takahashi. 

Kaiba then began to speak.

Kaiba: We thank you for sharing your time with us but before we resume with the next match on the card. An announcement has been made. The next Duel League immediately after Duel League Genesis will be the Kazuki Takahashi memorial show. More news on the card during Genesis but let this be our way to keep on the spirit and duel of Kazuki-sensei.

Jack: He may no longer be able to continue his turn physically but we will be here along with other duelists to continue this duel of life and write on the story of Yu-Gi-Oh in every single duelist, new or old, returning or recent convert. We shall carry on!

Joey: May he be guided into Paradise and Rest in Power.

The crowd applauded at Kaiba's news of a memorial show along with the kind words from the commentary team as the broadcast faded for another commercial break before broadcasting the In memoriam graphic full screen.

In Memory of

Kazuki Takahashi

(A/N: A bit of a short canon tribute using the commentary team. A special way for his creations to thank their creator. The news still comes as a shock even after a day has passed. 

Yu-Gi-Oh, for sure others have said either a version or these exact words, has been a big part of my childhood and adolescense. Much more so, after my good friend alexrelatado got me back into Yu-Gi-Oh after being away from it for after so long until the pandemic. 

May he Rest in Peace and Power and alongside the God Cards. May the Heart of the Cards guide him into Paradise not Fallen but of Peace where the flow of tranquility is ever present.)