Episode 5 Rivalry Revisited (Pat v. Mahad)

Kaiba: Now we proceed with a duel that has a rivalry that is personal to the core. This is between (1 -0; 8) Pat and rival (0 -1; 19) Mahad.

Joey: How personal has this been?

Jack: Luckily, we got a video montage to save us the trouble to do that

Video Montage
Mahad: Once upon a time, I was merely, a duelist with no identity. A duelist that wanted to fight for a cause. Then came this person who I saw would be a great friend and ally.

Pat: This duelist I saw in him potential. Strength, skill.

Mahad: But as our time together as mentor and mentee went on, I saw a change in him that I can no longer stomach.

Pat: I was still trying to find myself since this was a time when a lot of people antagonized me. 

Mahad: A time I saw...his dark side. The mentor I once knew was no longer the hero I looked up to.

Pat: I tried to regain my footing to fight but....my mentee saw this as the time. The opportunity to strike me down and become the hero and legend at my expense.

Mahad: I can outdo him. I can be better than him. I can show that since he shunned away the Dark Magician from his deck, I can be better than him.

Pat: But all those times, I realized that I can go beyond identity. I can go blaze my own trail. So I was able to win without certain cards and that I became wary of who becomes associated with me.

Mahad: No. He is in it for himself. He wants his time in the spotlight again. His glory hound days have been long gone and I am here to prove that I will be the one to put the last nail in the coffin to end his legacy in shame.

Pat: I fight not for legacy, but for meaning and purpose. As a Drifter, I care not of my image but of the results. 

Mahad: He is a ghost of the past that should be extinguished. Never again to be in my sight!

Pat: If he believes what he believes, he better be able to translate that into a victory in our duel.
End of montage

Kaiba: That has gone...well...that long

Joey: Before this revamped Duel League I'm guessing

Jack: But now, let us see whose resolve is the strongest. Announcer, take it away.

Announcer: The following is a ranked duel between Pat and Mahad. First competitor, Pat!

Kaiba: Oh yes, the man, the myth and so-called legend in the making.

Joey: The wildcard drifter. Numerous ways to finish off foes.

Jack: We've seen this one win with Wave Motion Cannon or monster attacks. Recently, Divine Serpent Geh or any monster. That is how unpredictable this can be.

Announcer: And his opponent, Mahad!

Kaiba: Bitter rivals. This one is on a mission.

Joey: But so far, he lacks wins. Maybe tonight will be the night

Jack: This may be a tall order but he is dead set on removing Pat.

Announcer: Let the duel...begin!