Episode 5 Champion's Salvo and Main Event (Ryu v. AK)

Backstage
Irvine was seen walking towards the entranceway when he was stopped by Carly.

Carly: Irvine, may I have a word from you?

Irvine: - urgently walking but stops - Yeah sure. What is it?

Carly: We saw you earlier stare down at both Xavi and Pat. Will this be part of your address later tonight?

Irvine: Carly, I suggest you keep your eyes on me going to the duel field now. Do not keep me here. I have your answers and - points to the exit - they deserve to know. - walks away -

Kaiba: They deserve to know? The heck is he talking about?

Jack: As a champion, this may be about finding the worthy foe he always wanted to defend his title against.

Joey: Only one way to find out...

Kaiba: Well, here comes the champion.

Jack: As the champion, he can do whatever he pleases.

Joey: Pretty sure that's now how it goes....

Kaiba: No one asked you Wheeler!

Joey: -mumbles- Least I don't choke away to Yug....

Jack: Alright both of you runner up and quarter finalist better shut it! Champ's about to speak.

Irvine is holding the mic with the title belt on his shoulder. He lets the crowd cheer as he begins to talk.

Irvine: I bet you're all asking, what's up with our champion staring down someone who acts like a bloodthirsty warrior and a drifter earlier? Well, I'm intrigued by the situation at the top. Because  I see worthy contenders in both of them. 

Xavi appears at the other side of the duel field

Joey: What's Xavi doing here?

Kaiba: Xavi I bet will be raring for a chance against the champion.

Xavi: So you got good eyes on you champ! Now how about you go up against me?

The crowd oooh-ed and ahh-ed at the challenge made by Xavi but the staredown then was stopped by......

Kaiba: What's he doing here? He lost!

Jack: Well he lost, but he gave an impressive match against the champion. Maybe a rematch for the next time?

Strike: Alright, now don't you - points at Irvine - say I am not worthy as a contender. I nearly had you beat need I remind you. But you somehow slipped away. 

Irvine: More of you didn't want it as much and lost sight of our duel. Because had you been able to keep at it - holds the championship belt above his shoulders - this shouldn't be with me. 

Xavi: - stares down Strike - Then that makes you someone worth facing.

Strike: Oh, you. The "unsatisfied" warrior. Well, I'm gonna beat you down and humble you to show you that I can earn myself a win. My only loss came from a wimp like you.