Alli- 02

"And lastly Mr. Hemmings and Miss Tylers." My head snaps up the words, making me momentarily forget about the pain in my wrist.

"W-what?" I choke out, causing the entire class to look at me, and my cheeks to turn a deep scarlet. "Sir, can I switch with somebody?"

"Miss Tylers, nothing is wrong with Mr. Hemmings." The whole class snickers, mumbling something about me having a crush on him. I have to force myself to not roll my eyes.

"Sir, please. We don't work very well together." Mr. Rogers just smiles at me, and from the corner of my eye I see a figure dressed in all black sit down in the seat next to mine.

"And that Miss Tylers, brings me to my next point." I can't be stuck with him for three months. I just can't be. "Parenting is also about putting aside your differences in order to work together. Which means, you and your partner are going to have to learn to get along, if you don't already, in order to pass this class. This is your final grade, and I know you juniors don't want to take this class again next year. My seniors in here, I doubt you want an F before you head off to Uni." He walks back up to the box of babies, my wrist suddenly burning once again. "Every week for the next three months, you and your partner will have to write a journal on how the week went. And you can't just write the entries at the end, you have to actually act like you are parenting. Which means going to the store and taking prices of stuff you would need. You must carry your baby with you at all times, except for during your other classes, when they can stay in here with me. If you do not bring in your baby one day, you automatically fail. If you don't hold your baby correctly, you fail. If you and your partner," he turns to me and Luke, "are constantly fighting, you fail. So get used to your partner, you will spending quite the amount of time together."

"When I call your name, one of your come grab a baby." He started with the blonde in the back corner, I don't know his name and I couldn't be bothered to pay attention.

I'm stuck with him for three months. My life is going to be miserable- even more so than it already is. I can't do this.

My heart races as I watch him get up and grab the baby, holding it by its arm as he takes the seat next to me once again.

"Let's name it freak. After you."

* * *

"Did you forget how to talk?" He showed up at my locker at the end of the day, but I haven't said a word to him since we Mr. Rodgers classroom.

In all honesty, I just didn't know what to say. Even if I wanted to say anything- which I didn't- no words came to me.

"Fine. Don't talk." I throw my books in my bag, closing my locker slowly, making sure to not look at him. I bring my hand up to rub my wrist once again, it hurts like a bitch. "But if we're going have to stick together, we're going to Ashton's."

"W-what? Why?"

"Oh, so you do speak?" I roll my eyes, a strange want to strangle him coursing through me, but thankfully he doesn't notice. "We're going to Ashton's, now come on." With that he turns and walks away, his long legs carrying him quickly down the hallway.

Fūck me.

I debate not following him, actually considering just going home with the stupid baby in my arms. But Mr. Rogers walks out of his room, his eyes glancing from me to Luke, who is now almost out of sight. I grip the baby in my arms tightly, flinching as a pain rushes from my wrist to my elbow, before I follow after him. I have to run to catch up to him, and by the time I catch up to him, he's at the door. And I'm not surprised when he lets the door close in my face.

"Asshole." I mumble, his eyes glancing back at me, a small smile tugging on his lips. But he quickly wipes it off, a frown replacing it.

The ride to Ashton's was silent. And awkward. And never-ending. I didn't realize that he lived like an hour away. And an hour in the car with Luke, in silence, was terrible. He had the radio on, some Fall Out Boy song playing lightly in the background. But other than that, it was silent.