Alli-46

I laid back, a layer of sweat over my body and breaths coming out in short heavy puffs. I closed my eyes, trying to focus on steadying my breaths. 

"Alli-"

"Don't." I said, keeping my eyes closed. 

"You have to talk about it at some point."

"No I don't." 

"Allison-"

"Harry, just shut up," I groaned, feeling the bed shift under his weight as he climbed out of his bed. I opened my eyes, watching as he picked up his boxers from the floor, slipping into them before walking out of his room without another word. 

I reveled in the silence for a couple more minutes before finally getting up, slipping one of his t-shirts over my head before following after him. 

"Please don't do this." I said, wrapping my arms around him from behind.

He shook his head, spinning around in my grasp to face me. "Allison... you haven't been yourself lately and I'm worried."

"Don't be." 

"Allison...." He started, trailing off as he struggled to think of what he wanted to say. "I agreed to not ask any questions when you showed up at my door that night three weeks ago. I just need to know you're okay."

"I am." 

"No you're not." He argued, eyes looking down at me angrily. 

"Harry-"

"I'm not complaining at all that you're coming to me. I'm more than happy to be able to be there for you, but it's not healthy."

"What's not healthy?"

"This." He motioned between us. "You're newfound coping mechanism is not going to work forever." I rolled my eyes but kept my arms wrapped around him. I knew he was shocked to find me outside his door three weeks ago, he was even more shocked when I took him back to his room. He asked what I was doing, and I told him I wanted to forget. He helped without any more questions. 

"Sex is actually pretty healthy." I shrugged. "It's a good workout." 

He groaned. "Keeping whatever it is that you don't want to tell me bottled up is not healthy."

"It is if it's not bothering me." 

"But we both know that it is." He gave me a pointed look. "You haven't been to school in almost a month... instead you come here. Not that I'm complaining... about any of it... but I'm worried."

"Don't be." I said simply, placing my lips to his before turning and walking back towards his room. He sighed heavily before following me. I laid down in his bed, watching as he turned on his TV before joining me. He laid in silence, his head in my side and my hand absentmindedly running through his hair. For the first time in three weeks I allowed my mind to go back to him.

I hadn't allowed myself in almost a month to think about the blonde haired, blue eyed boy. When I left his house that night I found myself at Harry's, begging him to just help me forget. I didn't want to think about it then and I didn't want to think about it now. 

He had called me countless times the first two weeks. I had gotten used to watching his picture flash across my screen before the notification that he had left yet another voicemail. I didn't listen to any of them, instead just letting them sit there. Once he finally stopped calling, which had only been  couple days ago, I finally deleted them all. I didn't want to hear his voice. I didn't trust myself. 

I had let him talk himself out of everything he had put me through for so long, that I just knew if I let him talk now that he would be able to talk himself out of the doghouse yet again. I couldn't believe that I let him get away with so much shit. I couldn't even believe that I had trusted him when he said he loved me, you don't continually hurt the person you love over and over again. I was just so utterly done with all of his excuses.