Luke- 35

"What the hell?" 

She froze against me, her whole body tensing in my hold. I already felt like shit, throwing her past (somewhat present) in her face when I knew I shouldn't. I couldn't believe I actually said that to her. That was exactly the person I was trying not to be, but I guess it was going to be harder to change back than I originally thought. First I fucked that up, but now Calum knew. Of all people, it had to be Calum who walked out here. It couldn't have been Ashton. 

Next to me or Lexi, Calum was the meanest to Alli. He never said anything to her face, but he said enough shit behind her back. And of course she always heard about it because she was always the talk everyone was always making fun of her. I knew she didn't want them knowing, but I had to kiss her anyway. I'm so fucking stupid. I'm just fucking everything up today. Why am I such an idiot.

"What is going on?" If possible, she tensed even more, shoving her head into my chest to try and hide. I honestly thought she would have tried to get as far away from me as she possibly could, not try to morph her body with my own. I sighed, keeping my back to the sound of the voice, or voices I should say now, wrapping my arms tightly around my girl's back. She was shaking slightly, and if I was being completely honest, I still didn't know why this was such a big deal to her. 

And of course, following Calum and Michael's voices comes a high-pitched shrill laugh. I don't know how I didn't hear the door opening, but Lexi stood there, phone in her hand and pointed straight at us. I'm not sure how long she had been standing there, or how much she caught, but I was going to kill her. 

"What the fuck?" Calum asked again, obviously no one giving up answers that everyone wanted to hear. 

"Mates, calm down." I squeezed Alli tighter, her own grip on me tightening immensely as Ashton's voice rang around us. 

"No." Calum said, obviously annoyed. 

"Cal-"

"What the fuck Luke? You ignore us for weeks, to hook up with her? She dropped you, you dropped her. You aren't supposed to be fucking now."

"We aren't fucking." I muttered, Alli's small frame shaking in my hold. 

"Oh, how wonderful. You aren't fucking her, but she's more important than us. Both us and your dick are suffering. And for what? She's not your fucking friend, Luke."

"Yeah, she's not. She's my girlfriend." 

Silence followed, my words hanging in the air around us. Tension was quickly building, different emotions coming off of everyone. Sara was next to Ashton trying to bite back her smile, she obviously didn't care if we were dating and I could not thank her enough for that. Ashton seemed pretty neutral, I had talked to him about Alli and I before so he probably wasn't surprised. Lexi was wearing a devious smile, but it was clear she was angry. Calum was fucking seething, I may not have been looking at him, only Lexi and Ash in my eyesight, but I could feel the waves of anger coming off of him. I didn't know how Michael was feeling, I couldn't see him and he hadn't said much... yet anyway. I was tempted to turn and look at them, but knew I couldn't with Alli clinging onto me for dear life. 

"Girlfriend?" Calum asked incredulously, obviously taking this harder than he should have. What the fuck was the big deal? 

"Mhmm."

Then he did something I wasn't expecting. He laughed. It was a humorless laugh, the sound sending chills through my body. "This bitch is your girlfriend? You're really going to trust her after everything she did to you? You cut her out for a reason, she's a terrible person. Come on, Luke. Just look at her. She isn't even pretty. She's a dumb blonde and I can guarantee she's only using her so people will stop talking about her. She knows if people see her with you that'll she'll be in the clear again. Well guess what little bitch?" Suddenly his hands were on my shoulders, forcefully pulling me back and away from Alli. She stumbled a little as I tried to keep her with me, her hands slipping off my chest as I tripped and fell to the ground. Alli looked between me and Calum, worry and fear clear in her eyes.