Luke- 03

"Are Calum and Michael coming?" I look up from the book in my hands.

"Michael said he was with some girl, probably Val, Calum said he was trying to get rid of some girl. I doubt either of them will make it up here tonight."

"Great." I'm stuck here with her and Ashton. And that stupid baby.

"Shut up and write loser."

I laugh, glancing down at some of the pieces I've put together since the weekend.

My favorite one probably being;
It hurts in my head, in my heart, in my chest, and I'm having trouble catching my breath.

I read over it a couple of times, trying to put a beat behind it, but I'm disrupted by the stupid doll.

"Make it stop." Ashton groans from the kitchen, making himself a sandwich.

I glance over at her, she had her books spread out in front of her while she attempted to do homework. At least until the baby started crying for the second time since we left school.

I watch as she tries to rock it back and forth, but it doesn't stop. Then she stands up, pacing back and forth while continuing to rock it. It still doesn't stop. She tries to bounce it up a down just the slightest bit, but nothing happens. It just continues to wail.

She tries to pat it's back a little, but her face contorts in pain as her wrist moves. I shouldn't feel bad, but I do. So I get up and walk towards her. When she sees me her eyes go wide in fear, making me roll mine.

"Give her here." I hold out my arms as she slowly hands it over.

"It's a her?" She mumbles quietly, almost inaudible.

I shrug. "I've always wanted a little girl."

"I know." She says, her gaze falling to the ground. I don't say anything back, instead pacing with the doll, rubbing circles onto its back. After a minute, the baby finally stops.

"Thank god. I was about to rip it's head off." Ashton groans, shaking his head at me.

"You will not touch my daughter." I joke, sort of, making him laugh.

"Woah there daddy."

"Shut up."

I turn around, carefully handing the baby back to Alli. She reaches out to take her, flinching slightly as her wrist moves to grip the doll properly.

"How bad does it hurt?"

"Huh?"

"Your wrist, Alli."

"Oh," she looks down at her feet, her cheeks turning a slight pink, "uh, it's fine."

"I didn't ask if it was fine, I asked how badly it hurt."

"Luke, it's fine. Don't worry about it."

"Alli. How bad does it fuckīng hurt?" She doesn't say anything, instead slowly turning around to walk back to her books.

I reach out and grab her arm, pulling her back. She looks at me like she's scared I'm going to hit her. It hurts thinking she actually believes I would touch her like that.

I carefully take the baby out of her arms, setting her down on the couch. Alli looks at me, those green-brown eyes that I fell in love with years ago. My heart starts racing, and I curse myself for it. I shouldn't still feel like this, not towards her. She hurt me. She said those things about me. I should not feel like this.

But i do, every time I see her.

I carefully grab her wrist, making her flinch as I touch it. I bring up her other wrist and hold them close together.