43: Butterfly Effect

The closer the saiyan friends grew to Ginger Town, the more apprehension Niya felt. She hadn't felt like that since Trunks and her had left from their timeline. She could tell Trunks could feel her uneasiness before he kept glancing at her from the corners of his eyes. Was it just her who felt dread?

Below them in Ginger Town, they heard the eerie silence that pierced the air. Clothes were scattered on the ground and danced in the lonely, howling wind. The familiar feeling of death and suffering tainted the air. Both Niya and Trunks felt sick, the tailed saiyan more than the other.

They sensed incredible power levels; there was a battle happening not too far from them now. Who was Piccolo fighting? It felt like he was Freeza, at times, like himself, and others times against Vegeta. It made no sense, but the strength from Piccolo's opponent was still immense. They noticed Piccolo's power jump as well, and noticed him and his opponent were almost evenly matched.

However, as they were about to reach the fighters, Niya sensed someone familiar and gasped. She turned to Trunks, who sped up with her and landed next to Piccolo.

The Namekian grit his teeth as he was looking up. The saiyan duo looked up as well and froze. They saw a green being, with an orange beak-like mouth, somewhat of a green crown protruding from his head. The creature's most notable feature was his long tail with a needle-like end. It's conniving tail was wrapped around a young boy, squeezing him.

Niya gasped and powered up to her crimson Phase One form, growling and glaring. "Let him go!" she snapped. Her power continued to rise.

Trunks wanted to tell her to stand down, but he was also furious. He could never let anything happen to the young boy. He chose to stand by her and powered up to super saiyan.

The green creature chuckled with an amused glint in its narrow, malicious eyes. He squeezed the boy tighter, causing the boy to cry out in pain.

Just then, Krillin landed beside them, taken aback by the scene. "U-Uh, guys? What is that thing?!"

Piccolo turned to the two saiyans. "Both of you need to calm down! You'll get the boy killed!"

Niya continued to glare daggers at the creature.

The creature chuckled once more. "I won't kill the child. Not unless I need to."

"Let him go," Niya stressed each word, filling them with ice.

The creature looked down at her before speaking. "Perhaps I will once we tell everyone your dirty little secret, Niya."

The four on the ground were shocked to see the creature knew her name.

Niya eyes widened. "Y-You wouldn't..."

The being chuckled. "Try me." He brought down his tail, slightly loosening his grip, showing the child to the group. "Boy, say hello to your mother."

Niya's heart skipped a beat as she froze at his words. The other three tensed behind her, but Piccolo and Krillin stared in disbelief at Niya.

The boy stared with his wide, light blue eyes. He was very young. He met Niya's eyes and gasped. "Mama, help me!" he cried.

Niya was in disbelief. "How did you get here?" she asked, voice trembling.

The creature wore a smug expression. "Now, now, Niya. We're skipping over the best part. We haven't discussed who the father is, have we?"

The young boy gasped and looked around. "Papa? Where's Papa? He can save me! He's the strongest!"

The creature cackled. "I see. The boy has no clue of what kind of man his father really is. How interesting!"