32 : Dominance

(November, 782)

Crimson burned into her memory.

She felt it. She smelled it. She was covered in it.

Niya trembled and stayed in place once the nightmare was over.

Seventeen laid down beside her, appearing to be in bliss. He had forced her to heal his blade wound, so he was all well. It still hadn't stopped the blood from smearing on the sheets, their clothes, and their skin.

Tears continued to stream down her face. The pain, the force he used... She would never forget it.

"Hey, don't cry," Seventeen leaned over to wiped her tears. "I said that I forgive you. Don't worry," he tried to be soothing, caressing her face, which had blood smears.

"J-Just...go to sleep," Niya barely managed.

"You usually are sleepy after," Seventeen chuckled and pulled her to his chest.

She struggled and forced her body to face away from him.

"Relax. I won't bite," he assured, placing a kiss on her shoulder. After a while, he sighed and rested his head against her back.

Niya tried her best to keep her cries as quiet as possible. How had it all come to this?

~~~

Despite the darkness and numbness Niya felt the next morning, it was a nice day outside. Her whole body ached from the excessive pressure Seventeen used, and she was sore. She tried her best to heal her own wounds, but she was exhausted from pain and lack of sleep.

When she left her room in the morning, Ken-La waited patiently, expectantly for the news of Seventeen's death. But the Aunt only found despair in her niece's eyes.

They were both drenched in hopelessness that their half of the mission had failed.

They could only hope that Gohan and Trunks would arrive soon with news of their victory at least.

To get some fresh air and to attempt to escape her pain, Niya sat outside by the River where she first met Trunks all those years ago. Except she wasn't alone this time. She brought Niko, who was peacefully sleeping on his blankets with a pacifier. She couldn't bear the thought of Seventeen holding him after the way he had treated her...

Niya sniffled as she continued to cry. "I-I'll keep you safe, Niko," she gently rubbed his stomach. "I-I promise I'm going to do better."

She flinched when she felt a presence land behind her. She turned around but continued shielding Niko with her body.

A gasp soon escaped her. "Trunks?"

He stood before her as a Super Saiyan. He didn't have to speak for Niya to see the pain in his eyes.

"Gohan...?"

Trunks looked down and shook his head.

Gohan had died. His mission was a failure as well.

"No... No!" Niya cried into her hands.

They had all failed. The Androids were still alive and well, but Gohan was dead. Their friend. Their mentor. Their hero. Dead.

She flinched as Trunks hugged her. His body began to tremble against her. He was crying too.

"I-I'm sorry," Niya sniffled, hugging him tight. "Gohan was... He was..."

"He was the best," Trunks sniffled. He pulled back and wiped his eyes. His Super Saiyan cyan eyes bored into hers. "But... Now I'm a Super Saiyan, too."