28: Unforgivable

(July, 782)

"Go on now, don't be shy," Eighteen urged them along. "Or are you having second thoughts about your declarations of love?"

Niya grew more and more horrified each second. Everything was becoming hazy. "No...," she started. "That's not...you're not him..." She placed a hand on her head. She really wished she would wake up from her nightmare.

Gohan continued to stare between them, not dropping his guard in case anyone made a move to fight.

"Niya," Trunks grabbed her arm. His eyes were wide as well. "That guy you were talking about...Is that him down there?"

The saiyaness shut her eyes and shook her head. "No...He's not—He's not an Android. Now way!"

Trunks let her go, a horrified expression on his face. His best friend had been dating an Android... How could today become any more hellish? "Niya, no...," he held his head as well. His chest ached with betrayal.

Eighteen laughed. "Do you see, Seventeen? I told you your precious woman would never accept you!"

Seventeen was devastated. He continued to stare up at Niya, his woman, his love. Would she really reject him? Was he not good enough to her?

"Niya, it's me...," he gently started as he began to levitate towards her.

"You monster!" Gohan glared and blocked his way. "Stay away!" He was furious Seventeen had managed to fool such an innocent girl like Niya, his student, his best friend's little sister.

Niya began to fly back, tears streaming her face. Her whole expression seemed torn, like that of someone who was mourning an unexpected death.

Seventeen clenched his fist. "Out of my way," he glared.

Gohan tensed. "No. She's just a kid."

Seventeen was growing desperate. He finally had his love, and now everything was threatening to take her away. His eyes widened and turned over to Niya. "Niya, please. It's still me!"

Niya continued flying back, shaking her head and sobbing into her hands. Her whole world was crumbling. Was this really the truth? How could she go on living when she had been sleeping with the enemy? How could she save the world when her heart belonged to the one who was destroying it?

Seventeen's body trembled and he blasted his way towards her. He was left winded when Gohan elbowed him in the spine, sending him to the ground. He looked up and glared. "Don't get in my way!" he warned darkly before flying up in a flash and punching Gohan in the stomach.

Gohan retched, and as he tried to recover, he shouted, "Trunks, grab Niya and get her out of here!!!"

Seventeen turned to Trunks, his eyes piercing his. "Don't you dare," he scowled.

Gohan hurried in to punch Seventeen a good distance away. He turned to Trunks, his face alarmed. "Trunks, hurry!!"

Trunks was still in a state of shock, and now he was plagued with confusion. His thoughts swirled around, wondering if it was really worth saving Niya, the girl whom he thought he knew.

"Trunks!" Gohan shouted again.

Laughing rang behind him. Trunks turned only to see the sinister Eighteen. She had her arms crossed, a smirk on her face. "Not so fast, kid. Where do you think you're going?"

Trunks' eyes widened in fear. Soon, pain subsided his fear as Eighteen kneed him in the stomach in the blink of an eye. Then, she kicked him down, his body soaring below into the rubble.