16: Transformation

Niya's whole body felt like it was on fire. Everything was changing: her bones, muscles, tissue, skin, was all stretching and growing. Her mouth extended into a snout, her teeth sharpened into fangs, her eyes thinned and glowed a raging red, her skin sprouted fur. She kept growing and changing until at last she fully transformed into a creature with a stature of at least fifty feet.

She was a giant monkey-like creature with brown fur all over, a swinging tail, burning red eyes, a snout, and sharp teeth.

Niya looked around in her vision of all red. She could barely distinguish anything besides all her swirling emotions, stirring inside of her and mixing. Sadness, fear, guilt, anger...

She clenched her large ape-like fists as her emotions flooded and stormed her mind. That was all she could feel, all she could think about.

Her fangs grit together as she growled, the sounds rising in her throat and rumbling. Suddenly, the saiyaness could no longer swallow her troubles down, and from her mouth, she released a booming and mighty roar.

The animal inside of her had taken over. She was no longer Niyata the Saiyan Princess, she was now Niyata the Mighty Oozaru.

Trunks snapped up in his bed as he sensed an incredible spike of energy. Startled he hurried to his window, but when he couldn't see anything, he ran barefoot to the wall-sized windows in the living room. His eyes narrowed as he pressed against the glass.

There! In the distance! Trunks spotted an enormous figure. What is that? Why is it so strong?!

Trunks' heart raced in fright. But still, he had to stop it before it hurt anyone. Without thinking, he raced to his best friend's room.

"Niya!" Trunks called out and flipped on the light switch, "There's something--!" He halted when he saw her bed was empty.

His eyes widened. Where was she? Then, he rationalized his thoughts. Maybe she was with her brother or her parents. Now wasn't the time to search for her. He had to stop whatever that giant creature was. With or without her.

Trunks hurried back to his own room and slipped his boots back on. When he was hurrying out, he almost bumped into his mother.

"Trunks?" Bulma questioned, then looked him over. "Where are you going? What's going on?" There was still sleepiness in her eyes and voice.

"There's something out there," Trunks led her to the windows and pointed.

Bulma squinted to try to see. But once she heard the creature roar and shoot beams from its mouth, her eyes widened. "Trunks, where's Niya?" she asked slowly.

Trunks turned to her with furrowed brows. "I... I don't know. She wasn't in her room, so, I thought maybe she was with Kusuke or--"

"Trunks, no!" Bulma grabbed his shoulders. "Out there -- that thing!-- is Niya! She went to sleep here, but she must have gone outside, and now she's a Great Ape!"

Trunks eyes widened and he turned back to the giant, roaring creature. He concentrated and sensed it. It's power was enormous, but it was familiar. He gasped as he recognized it. "Niya," he placed a hand on the glass.

"She's the only saiyan with a tail, isn't she?" Bulma asked. 

Trunks nodded. It was true. Niya's family no longer had tails. She was the only one. Well, it was her and Noemi, but he truly doubted Kusuke and Kandice would allow their daughter to be anywhere near a window during a full moon.

"Trunks," Bulma started urgently, "you have to hurry and cut off her tail. With all this noise and destruction she's making, the Androids could show up! And you know they won't hesitate to kill her!"