25: Love

(June, 782)

"Ahh!"

The building groaned as her body struck through it. She glared passed the broken wall to her brother.

"Seventeen!" Eighteen wiped her mouth and stood. "What are you doing?" Her body was shaking with fury.

Seventeen glared right back and stepped through the hole, walking up to her.

Eighteen's glared wavered as her stomach sank with fear. Without realizing it, she had taken a few steps back.

Seventeen stopped. "That city you attacked when I was gone," he started, "Niya's father and her friend were there. They got hurt."

Eighteen scoffed. "Good."

Seventeen frowned. "They're fine. But still, it made her upset. On her birthday."

Eighteen brushed her blonde hair back. "Why do you care? They're nothing but weak, inferior, humans," she stressed the last word. "They're humans. She's a human! You can't be saying that you actually care about her!"

When there was silence, Eighteen's eyes began to widen. "Seventeen? Say that you don't... Say that you're just using her for fun!"

In response, Seventeen shoved his hands into his pockets. The discussion was over. "I already told you," he said. "She's my woman. If anyone hurts her — anyone — I will show them no mercy."

His blue eyes were even darker in the shadows of the ruined building. "Even against you, Eighteen."

His twin sister was taken aback, stunned into silence. Her head hung as realization sank into her body. She couldn't even say anything as her brother began to leave.

"Now, don't do anything stupid," Seventeen instructed. "I'm going on a date. I don't want anything going wrong today."

When she didn't respond, he chuckled.

And without another word, Seventeen flew off.

Then, Eighteen let herself sink to her knees in the building rubble. Her shock slowly shifted to fuel her anger. She looked up past the hole again.

She didn't have to listen to him. She could do as she pleased.

Eighteen stood and brushed her hair back again. And now, what she wanted was to do was make Niya's life a living hell.

~~~

Niya giggled. "Lapis!"

He chuckled and kept nibbling her neck.

Her giggling turned to moans as his lips kissed lower than her neck, reaching her collar bone.

Her moans turned into gasp as there was a crackling noise from the truck window. Both her and Lapis quickly sat up to look.

The right back passenger window of Lapis' truck was cracked.

"Did I do that?" Niya blushed. "I didn't mean to! I'm sorry!"

Lapis curiously looked at the cracks from the indent of Niya's foot. It was quite impressive for just being an accident, but... perhaps he was overthinking it.

He then laughed.

Niya turned to him. "Lapis? You're not... mad?"

Lapis shook his head. "No," he chuckled. "In fact, I'm quite impressed." He turned to smirk at her.

Niya blushed. "R-Really?"

He nodded and pressed her back down against the seats. "Yes. It's actually quite a turn on," he smirked and slipped his hand up her leg to her underwear.