15: Old Friends

In a short while, the saiyans arrived at the broken down Capsule Corporation. Gohan set Niya down, her form fading to her regular onyx hair and eyes, but he kept Trunks over his shoulder. The saiyaness furrowed her brows at the sight.

"What happened to Trunks?" she asked.

"Hm? Oh, don't worry. He just got caught up in an explosion. It's nothing too bad. He'll be fine," Gohan assured her as they walked down the cracked hallways.

Niya walked beside the tall saiyan, keeping her eyes to the ground. He was Gohan, the Gohan! The strongest person on the planet!

She had heard so much from Trunks, who told her he was the bravest, strongest saiyan. He was the only living saiyan who could use a form called Super Saiyan. She had yet to see the form, as her brother used Phase One, a form similar to Super Saiyan, but not quite. Instead of a dark, glowing crimson, Super Saiyan was light and golden. Its power was incredible, Trunks had told her.

"Your name is... Naiya, right?" Gohan asked hesitantly.

Niya looked up at him and shook her head with an embarrassed smile. "My name is Niya, actually," she corrected him.

Gohan looked flustered as well. "Oh, right! I'm sorry! I'm not the best with names," he laughed sheepishly.

"It's okay, don't say sorry!" Niya quickly held up her hands.

Gohan continued to laugh in embarrassment, but it halted as he spotted the glittering Red Jewel around her neck. He was so taken aback that he stopped in his tracks.

As Niya walked a few steps ahead, she noticed he was no longer beside her and turned to face him. "Are you okay?" she furrowed her brows.

"That jewel...," Gohan began with wide eyes, "where did you find it?"

"Huh?" Niya looked down and held the warm Red Jewel in her palm. Even in the dim hallways, it glinted, reminding all that there was a presence inside. "This? Do you know what it is?"

Gohan stared at it. "I knew someone who also used it. I haven't seen him in a while..."

Niya's eyes widened. Could he be talking about...? "Do you know Kusuke?"

"You know him?" Gohan questioned.

Niya hurriedly nodded. "Kusuke is my brother!"

Gohan was shocked. "Your brother? But you're a saiyan, aren't you? Are you saying he's also a saiyan?"

Niya continued nodding. "But how do you know him?" she asked curiously.

"Kusuke," Gohan began, "would fight the Androids with me sometimes. He was a determined fighter who always gave his all in a fight. But I haven't seen him recently. Is he still... ali--?"

"Yes!" Niya nodded. "Do you want to see him?"

Gohan's face lit up. "I'd love to!"

Niya smiled. "Okay! I'll take you to him when we see that Trunks is okay, yes?"

Gohan smiled and nodded, "Alright." The two began walking again. "Would you mind telling me what he's been up to?"

"Mm," Niya stepped over some loose wires, "I think you should wait until you can see."

Gohan gave her a curious look, but Niya gave him a bright smile.

The saiyans soon arrived to the living quarters of the Corporation. Bulma was anxiously awaiting over at the large windows, arms crossed as her eyes were sparkling with worry.