Chapter Sixty- Nine: Remember me.... Please?

Well, nowIf little by little you stop loving meI shall stop loving youLittle by littleIf suddenly you forget meDo not look for meFor I shall already have forgotten you-Pablo Neruda

Well, now
If little by little you stop loving me
I shall stop loving you
Little by little
If suddenly you forget me
Do not look for me
For I shall already have forgotten you
-Pablo Neruda

Well, nowIf little by little you stop loving meI shall stop loving youLittle by littleIf suddenly you forget meDo not look for meFor I shall already have forgotten you-Pablo Neruda

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was standing in front of Hogg's Head Inn.

My hands were shaking and I was frozen in place.

I couldn't move away from the entrance and I couldn't enter.

I didn't want to enter.

I stare at the first home I'd ever had and I'd ever loved, my fingers trembling at my sides so hard I clench them into fists.

"Are you going to come in young one? This is a bar you know?"

My eyes flicker up and the breath catches in my throat. My eyes sting with the onset of sorrow deeming in the deepest depths of my soul.

Aberforth was grinning in amusement, staring down at me.

"Uh- yeah. Yes please." I nod quickly, forcing the sandpaper of words out of my dry mouth. He opens the door and I search frantically for any semblance of recognition in his eyes. I see none.

"What would you like to drink?" He asks me. The pub was busy. And I hadn't realized how much I missed living in here until it'd burned down with every ounce of Tom and mine's humanity. Like this home had been the thing tying us together before we broke.

"Hot chocolate please." My voice was a whisper and his eyes narrow in confusion, his nose crinkling up like a bunny. I see the pink apron to the side and my lips twitch upwards in a smile I didn't know I needed.

"Uh- Weird request." He shakes away the confusion and starts looking for the hot chocolate mix, "I don't think we have hot chocolate? I've never served it here that's for sure." My cousin barks out a laugh and the lump in my throat became a boulder.

"You- don't have hot chocolate?" I say slowly, and I realize that the light in my eyes was dimming with every passing second I was here.

"No I'm afraid I don't miss. Would you like a menu?"