Chapter Thirty-One: Can I Hurt You?

- I respectfully don't care

There was no one who dared stop us

Avery carried Abby's body through the halls, and each of us had a firm gaze locked on her. Just in case she decided to wake up and go all crazy again.

"Are you alright!?" Olive launches towards her girlfriend, eyes wide in worry as she took Myrtle into her arms, hands cupping her face.

"Yeah.... yeah." She smiles grabbing Olive's hands and looking up at her girlfriend bashfully.

I force myself to blink hard.

For a second.... just a second... I'd seen Greta in Olive's place.

"Oh my gosh." I whisper, shaking my head to rid myself of that vision.

Dippet marches outside, eyes narrowing in on us.

"What is going on here!!?" He demands, eyes wide and hysteric.

"She's been placed under the Imperius curse!" Avery cries. "Please help her!!" He looked frantic, staring down at Abby in immense worry.

I felt terrible.

My best friend had been trapped for at least a year. Trapped and confined doing god knows what.

I hadn't realized she'd been cursed.

I should've realized it.

Dippet looked horrorstricken.

"How -how are you certain?" He asks, paling slightly.

"When I read her mind, nothing came up. It was serene, peaceful. There were no thoughts, snarky comments nothing." I announce, crossing my hands. "Because she has no thoughts. She's being controlled."

Dippet sighs and stares at the girl long and hard.

"The ministry needs to be made aware of this. Only Aurors know how to break the curse. I'll have them send over a team right away." He smiles at us. "Why is her neck crooked?" He asks.