Chapter Sixteen: The Training Begins

Kindness should never be mistaken for weakness

*************************

I gaze at the sea of yellow in front of me with a frown.

They expected me to teach these guys how to duel?

They were the flowers of Hogwarts.

Hufflepuffs didn't duel. They made lilly crowns and pranced around the school acting like unicorns.

They farted rainbows.

And they spoke in ballads.

Like I had to teach these angels to beat someone bloody and unconscious.

What the hell?

I bet myself three galleons, someone would faint within ten minutes of my instruction.

The seventh years and sixth years were staring at me with annoyance drawn up on their brows. They hated that someone younger than them was supposed to instruct them on the art of duelling.

"Everybody LISTEN UP!!!" I megaphone my voice with a wave of my hand.

My obvious wandless magic has the older kids straightening up.

Everyone goes silent though and they stare at me thoughtfully.

"I want you all to do thirty laps around the grounds." I order, arms at my side, as I twirled my wand into my hair.

"What the hell?! Why would we do laps?!" A seventh year asks.

I gaze at him silently and wave a hand.

He falls directly on his arse and looks up only to see my wand pointed at his throat.

"Had you been in a real duel.... you would have lost or even worse, you would have died." My words cause a deadly silence to issue on the Hufflepuffs.

"I wasn't ready." He seethes, through clenched teeth and he stands up.

"I don't care. In real duels, spells come at you whether you're ready or not. When you're fighting off wizards or deadly magical beasts.... nothing goes according to plan."