Chapter Fifty- Four: Wonderland Awaits

"You think your pain and your heartbreak are unprecedented in the history of the world, but then you read

"You think your pain and your heartbreak are unprecedented in the history of the world, but then you read. It was books that taught me that the things that tormented me most were the very things that connected me with all the people who were alive, who had ever been alive."
- James Baldwin

I've never felt so drained in my entire life

I physically wanted a hundred hour nap. Maybe I'll pull some Snow White shite and just sleep until the next millennium. Screw true love's kiss.

Jung had woken up thankfully. He'd hit his head rather harshly and his head currently lays in my lap as I run my fingers through his hair, distracted.

"Are you alright?" He asks me and I smile down at him, ignoring the pain in my chest that wasn't my own.

"Fine. You're the one who got hurt."

"Yes. But you saved us... again." He looked proud. "You're incredible... you know that?"

"I've been told that a few times." I grin at him cheekily. "Congrats by the way. Your brother is adorable." We both turn to see Vivi, the newborn baby and their mom staring at us wide eyed.

"I think they want to make sure you're okay." I giggle and Jung rolls his eyes shaking his head. His hand reaches out to grab my free hand and intertwines our fingers.

"I haven't seen you in days. I'm staying right here."

I smile at that leaning down, my hair creating a sort of shield between us and the other world, and kiss him softly.

"OHHHH MY GOD!!!!" Vivi screams and we instantly jerk back to look at her.

"TATTOO BOY IS DYING!!!"

Theseus is on the boy in seconds.

"He'd been possessed by a demon." Abaddon's words ring in my head.

"What?"

"Do you know how the Jin are getting out of control? They're growing in strength and numbers."