Chapter Eighteen: Once a Friend now an Enemy

- When kids know of darkness at an age too young, you've failed to protect them and now the battle's begun

- Sara Younes

The Quidditch stadiums at Durmstrang were packed

Everywhere I looked, screaming students were waving their flags in support of their school.

The tournament spanned a full week.

Seven days.

Seven grades.

Seven tournaments.

And around two hundred tournaments to get through every day as every student was obligated to compete until there were three kids left.

It was going to be a loooong week.

I walk with my first years towards to the sign up tables, and watch as they pick their numbers one by one.

They all gather around, eyes staring at me in awe and anxiety. I can't help but smile at them.

"You guys worked hard for this. You know how to take them down." I grin, watching in amusement as they seemed to crowd closer.

"If you lose, it's not the end of the world. And if you win, then-" I grin at them wickedly.

"You can revel in the fact that you are all very powerful wirzards and witches."

"I'll also give two galleons per win." Daniel peeks his head in, leaning over my shoulder.

They grin at that and I roll my eyes.

"Well not all of us are as filthy rich as Daniel here so take advantage of his kindness." I wink at them.

They scurry away in excitement looking like a pack of ducklings waddling to their seats.

"I'm number one." I hear a whisper and I look down to see Ariel who was freaking out.

"Little Mermaid. It's okay." Daniel swoops in and picks her up.