Chapter Fifteen: Frightened of the Unseen

- And yet the shadows never leave

"I would like you to transfigure the parchment in front of you into an animal of your choosing

"I would like you to transfigure the parchment in front of you into an animal of your choosing."

Dippet was the replacement professor of Transfiguration until he could find a replacement that was worthy or taking Albus Dumbledore's seat.

Thank the lord he wasn't into any Gilderoy Lockheart shit.

That man pissed me the hell off.

I almost lost an eye in his very first class.

Mental that one was.

Truly and honestly mental.

I transfigure the parchment with a single glance, bored out of my mind.

Dippet sees this and his lips purse, they almost disappear as his lips thin in displeasure.

"Ms. Dumbledore, perhaps showing me that you know the proper wand movements would cease your boredom." He raises a brow and I raise my own.

"Up, in a circle and then down." I comment, crossing my arms and looking at him dead in the eye. "I'm done my assignment though. Would you like me to finish everyone else's?" I preen, my lips twitching upwards in amusement.

The class had gone silent. There were around thirty kids in the class and none of them dared look at me. It was the Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs sharing transfiguration this year.

Pandora and Abby were seated beside each other.

They instantly tensed at the sound of my voice, their shoulders hunching back.

I wave a hand and every single parchment in the class converts into a white dove.

Thirty doves start to flutter around the room.

"Getting married professor?" I ask him, picking at my nails. "Who's the lucky girl?" I grin and he huffs out a breath.

"Out. Ms. Dumbledore get OUT OF MY CLASSROOM!!" He booms.