Chapter Thirty-Six: Roasted Chicken

- There are other ways of burning someone

- There are other ways of burning someone. You don't always need fire.

I duck under a desk, arms swinging my body sideways

I duck under a desk, arms swinging my body sideways. I yelp in horror, my hand instantly coming up to heal the bullet wound in my shoulder.

"Stop." Tom demands, hiding beside me. He bundles up his sweater and sticks it in my mouth. "Don't scream." He demands and then proceeds to fish out the bullet from my hand.

My teeth grip the sweater so tightly, I was scared they'd break.

He drops the bullet to the floor with a loud ping. Taking the sweater back, he gazes at my suddenly really pale face as he wipes away the blood on his hands.

Waving his palm over my wound, it stitches up by itself.

Tom grabs my wrist and hauls me inbetween his arms. "Stay down." He murmurs.

"That's what she said." I grumble.

"What?"

"Nothing."

He gives me an annoyed look and points to the side.

I gaze upwards, seeing at least three snipers aiming at the desk in front of us.

"The shields don't work long term." I hiss at him.

"I'm aware. I saw how badly you struggled."

"A distraction then?!" I demand and we lean back as they start shooting at us.

I yelp, burrowing my face in Tom's chest. Tom sinks lower, wrapping his arms around me.

His hisses in frustration. "I will kill them. Those disgusting muggles." He snaps.

The hall goes dark as Tom's eyes darken as well.

I summon the shields just in case and wrap them around us.

Tom literally makes the hallways seem like a black hole to anyone who wasn't of wizarding blood.

And now the screams that come were from none other than the invaders.