Chapter Five: Pain Erupts

Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding

- Khalil Gibran

I twirl my sword around once and slash at the slimy creature trying to murder me

"WHY. DOES. THIS. ALWAYS. HAPPEN. TO. ME." I scowl through my teeth with every slash of my sword.

"Because you're a magnet for danger." Tom drawls, and I see him take a sip of water from the glass beside his bedside.

"Wow. Thank you for all the help." I demand, giving him a look.

He stares at the chopped up monster from a second ago and then gazes at the incoming four more oozy beasts of slime. "You're doing fine." He shrugs and then looks up at Malfoy who had gone very pale and was shaking like a baby.

Tom raises Malfoy's own wand and aims it at the blonde's face. "Just kill off the monsters Valentine so that we can kill this one off." He muses.

I flinch slightly at the name and wince when a creature latches on my arm, burning it entirely. I slice off the arm and squeal in pain. "Ow. Ow. OW!" I clench my teeth and flick the slime off my hand.

"What did you call me?" I demand staring at Tom, hurt. He doesn't look up, staring at Malfoy with a dull gaze.

"I called you Valentine."

"But you never call me that!!" I was seriously hurt and my lower lip was trembling.

"Focus on killing the monsters." He points and I slice my sword sideways, effectively killing another beast.

"Tom?" I ask, the pain in my voice effectively showing but he doesn't look up so I stroll over to the side of the bed. "Tom? Love.... What's wrong?" I ask.

"That's your name is it not?" He rolls his eyes but I see the strain in them.

"Yeah but- but you don't call me that unless you're mad or I'm going to die." I whisper at him.

"THERE ARE THREE MONSTERS TRYING TO KILL US!!" Malfoy screams. "GO SAVE US!!" He shoves me sideways, making me fly into a creature and getting all the slime on my arm.