Chapter Fourty-Three: Blackened Edges

Hello,

Just a reminder that I am a university student studying full time. I am finishing a degree and a diploma at the same time. Which I can tell you is a really hard thing to do. I am in the midsts of my midterms.
I will update when I update. So please try to be patient. I am not a full time writer as much as I wish that were the case.

I do this in my free time which lately I haven't had much of, so please try to remain patient.

Thank you and I hope you all stay safe and healthy.

- I think

- I think.... I think I can't feel anymore.

I stare blankly at the wet tiles in front of me

I was still frozen inside the washroom, trying to process the bomb that was just handed to me.

Abaddon was busy in Hell, otherwise I knew he'd be screaming at me to go kick that jerk's arse.

I wanted to. God I wanted to rip him apart.

But I couldn't move.

I was in shock.

So I just stay there. Silent. Unmoving. Staring at my reflection in the broken mirror.

The floor was covered in water from the facet I'd broken off.

I was entirely wet from the hip down and I couldn't feel anything.

My chest was aflame.

It was pulsing terribly and I was constantly aware of how cold my upper chest felt. Like someone had stuck ice cubes inside my heart and left them there to melt.

"Val?" A timid voice calls out and I recognize the voice to be Olive's.

The blonde walks in and eyes me in concern. "Are you alright?" She asks me.

I don't talk, just simply stare at the mirror.

"You aren't." She says and sits in front of me, so I look at her now instead of my reflection in the mirror. "Myrtle's worried about you. Your second duel is coming up soon."