Chapter Ten: A Destroyed Soul

I hope you understand that you need your own love more than they do

- Dhiman

The boat moves with an eerie softness

Not one sound is made from the boat as it brings me closer and closer towards the island.

It was such a creepy cave. Shudders ripple through my body, making the hairs in my back stand on end. My adrenaline is high and I'm twitching in my seat, my legs twittering.

My mind was still on the vision I'd seen.

I was still pale with Tom's revelation.

"I killed you."

The words were echoing in my mind, drumming against my skull with an intensity that made my head hurt.

"I killed you."

My hands clench tighter and tighter until my nails cut through the half-moons created.

The blood spills onto my palms and then I reach up to touch my chin only to flinch in pain.

There was a cut there too.

"I killed you."

His voice had been pained. Like he actually cared whether or not something bad happened to me.

The way he looked at me now made sense. It was like he'd been memorizing every one of my features.

He never used to touch me. But he held me like I was the most important person in the world to him.

"Stay here. Don't leave. Don't leave me."

For the first time in my life, I'd heard true panic in his voice.

He'd hugged me.

Tom had hugged me. Instead of the other way around.

His grip on my arms had been so tight, it left bruises that were beginning to start to form.

Like he'd never wanted to let me go.

I don't think I wanted him to let me go either.

"You wouldn't destroy my soul.... would you?"