Chapter Eight: Stone Cold

"Our sweetest songs are those that tell of saddest thought

"Our sweetest songs are those that tell of saddest thought."
– Percy Bysshe Shelley

Abaddon retreats back and the unusual silence in my head seems deafening

Abaddon retreats back and the unusual silence in my head seems deafening. He refused to even acknowledge my existence anymore.

It hurt more than I let on.

I push back my obsessive need to punch something or someone... preferably Gideon Ollivander, Abaddon or Tom Marvolo mansplaining Mr bald-ass-no-nose-hamster Riddle.

Everyone was leaving me.

My friends didn't even acknowledge my existence anymore. They all thought Greta's death was my fault and I can't say that I blamed them.

Tom can't even look at me.

And Abaddon is currently keeping me in the time out zone.

Like I was some three year old with temper tantrum issues.

It wasn't my fault I had emotions! Normal people after a breakup always cried. So why couldn't I? Why couldn't I show emotion?

I guess it was because I moulded myself into some sort of hero. A badass witch with a stoic life and an even more stoic persona.

Waking through the forest, I see nothing too concerning. No blood, no broken swords, no burning slime.

I turn around only to come face to face with Photia and she was not pleased at all.

"I should have known you sent those monsters out to kill me." I muse.

"Don't be ridiculous. I put so much effort into training you only to kill you?" The woman made completely out of fire rolls her eyes at me. "If I wanted you dead, you would've died."

I raise a brow at her. "I'd love to witness that. Apparently I'm very hard to kill."

She gives me a deadpanned look, her hands twitched at her sides. If she decided to scotch my arse right this second, I would have a bone to pick with her.