Chapter Seventy-Two: A Thought Reknown

Her white wings are dirtyHer halo is cracked She gets more and more evilThe more she is attacked- Jorden Sarah Weatherhead

Her halo is cracked
She gets more and more evil
The more she is attacked
- Jorden Sarah Weatherhead

Her white wings are dirtyHer halo is cracked She gets more and more evilThe more she is attacked- Jorden Sarah Weatherhead

Third Pov:

Valentine stares at the three kids whose eyes were filled with tears, and were blubbering messes.

They kept crying and apologizing for forgetting her as if it was their fault. Valentine gives them a soft smile, her eyes even softer, carrying a maturity no fifteen year old should have. She gets to her knees, engulfing them in a huge hug.

"It wasn't your fault." She murmurs, holding them close to her.

"BUT YOU WERE ALL ALONE!!" Fenir wails, tears gushing from his tiny form like a waterfall. She couldn't help the amusement she felt and the warmth in her chest at their love and affection.

"And no one knew who-who you were!!" Lyall adds his lower lip quivering and Ariel nods.

"Not even that toad!!"  She wails and Valentine snorts at her depiction of Tom.

"Alright my three munchkins. I'm going to tell you something okay? I'm okay with being alone." They looked stunned at her words. "I was never this heartless, kids. Humanity just forced me to use my heart less. And that's okay. Cause that's life." Her words were hushed like it was too painful to say aloud the inner trembling of her lonesome soul.

Their eyes seem to widen with the epiphany which was Valentine.

"But- but you never did anything wrong! You were trying to the save the world and it.. it just didn't work out." Fenir grumbles the last part out and Valentine holds his face in between her hands, speaking to the kid softly in a way he might understand.

"I technically did do a bunch of shit wrong." She laughs out, but her heart was light with the implication that at least these three cuties were on her side. "So I'm alright. Truly. I'm at peace."

"You won't be alone anymore." Ariel promises and Valentine smiles at the young girl.

"I appreciate it.... Truly." She adds and then laughs at the heartbreaking expressions on their faces. "Don't pity me children. I am not one to be pitied. I am strong." She smiles at them, "I'd do it all over again too. Those prophecies are a fucking pain in my ass." She scowls under her breath, walking back to the Hufflepuff dorms, with three new shadows apparently.