Chapter Two: A Long Wait

"Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans

"Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans."
-John Lennon

"Please repeat that Ms

"Please repeat that Ms. Dumbledore, you were getting death threats?"

"Yes." I answer the inquisitor in a monotone.

"And you didn't think to inform the Ministry of it?" His tone was getting harsher with my uncaring attitude.

"Whole lot of good that's done me in the past."

He gapes at me. His round eyes horrified on his perfect oval face. He was stunning of course. An Indian heritage and wide brown eyes made him incredibly handsome. His face was not as pretty as the expression on his face though.

He looked ready to hex me.

Well..... he could definitely try.

"He'll die though." Abaddon's voice coos in my head and I stifle my smile.

"Ms. Ollivander's death is no joking matter Ms. Dumbledore." He snaps, making me raise a brow at him.

"Does it look like I was cracking a joke at my best friend's death Mr. Jackem?" My inquiry was harsh yet my face remained emotionless stone.

"Are you not going to take this seriously?!"

"No I am." I reply, moving to prop one leg up against the seat I was in. "I'm just not taking you seriously."

I think I hit a nerve because he rises up and slams a hand on the desk in front of me so hard the thing cracks under pressure.

I don't even flinch.

"Damn do you deadlift?" I raise a brow inquiring him this time. "Cause that would be a cool thing to do to try to intimidate people. I think I could make a spell...." I mutter and he looks like a fish out of water.

He was gaping at me so much, a whole flock of bees could've fit in his mouth.

"You've questioned all of us before. Why are you wasting my time here?" I snap, getting irritated.