Chapter Fifty: You Never Know

- The shock almost killed her

Trigger warning....

The Beauxbatons students had returned back from Hogwarts and Jung and I had decided to be in a long distance relationship.

We were both smitten with each other so writing letters by owls and meeting on the weekends didn't seem like a tough decision.

Tom had officially started dating Danielle as well. She'd been the Veela girl he cheated on me with.

He was with her out of spite. His only reason was to cause me pain and now that he knew that I was aware of his plans, he was furious.

I was with Jung because I actually liked him. He was with Danielle because he hated me.

I actually felt terrible for the poor girl. She had no clue what she'd gotten herself into.

Christmas break was coming up soon and the competition was put on hold until after the holidays.

I was sitting up on the table at Hogwarts, legs pulled under my skirt, with a transfigured restricted book on the table.

"Are you still studying?" Olive's voice whispers with a smile.

I look up and almost blanch back.

Olive looked dead on her feet. She looked ready to either collapse to the floor or burst into tears.

There's a certain level of tiredness that equates to insanity.

Olive was very close to obliterating that line.

She looked worn out to the point where it seemed painful.

She sits in the seat in front of me looking up at me with bleary, unclear and unfocused eyes.

"Are you alright Olive?" I question, eyes trained on her in worry.

She was slumped in her seat. Her eyes meet mine and she gives a tired laugh.

"Why don't you just read my mind?" Her tone was borderline tearful and resentful.

"I want you to tell me." I reply, eyes going back to my textbook, as I scribbled notes in my notebook.